Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microsoft starting to ban modded Xbox 360s from Xbox Live

Whats wrong with that, they did it last time, do you think everyone with a modded console is a saint who still buys games?

Yeah, I admit i did have a modded console, but only one backup, and that was Gears, which i own. My reason for backing it up was cus if it broke, i think i would seriously cry. But im banned. Looks like i may have to save up for an elite.
    -Xiofire

That sucks that you got banned. I am surprised I didn't get banned. I modded my 360 on Thursday(day when the bans started) when I got home from school. I played the Halo 3 beta on live for like 20 minutes. Then I went on line and found out they were banning 360s. So I immediately unmodded my 360. I can still connect to live right now.

I feel like the only reason people mod their xbox's is to play backups (and most the time, they aren't legal I imagine.) Also considering all the stupid "hackers" (ooh, I searched for a hex string or changed the textures so I can see through walls, I'm an F'n genius!) and the very big possibility someone will find an exploit someone will be able to run code from their sdk without paying for it (thus enabling cheat devices), I think it's a great preventative measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil Zero View Post
    Their beginning to act like sony, the irony

come on, microsoft is doing what is to be expected. I see the main purpose of modded 360's are to play ilegal backups. sorry, but at the minute, thats it. If i want some home spun games on my 360, I'll look to XNA (Though i doubt I would, seeing the prices are lame).
    You really cant blame MS for looking after their own interests and I think its fair of them to do so. The sony story is totally different.

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information