Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC-in screwed up

DCEmu Newbie

Default DC-in screwed up

My Psp works perfectly except for the fact that for some reason my charger suddenly won't fit into the DC-in. I think something inside of it has bent out of shape, is there any way to fix this without sending it to Sony and paying a fortune?

Its just a single silver pin in the center of the yellow plastic hole.

If you can see its bent slightly you could try bending it back GENTLY I guess. Its a really strange place to get damage to the unit.

Is there something stuck up there perhaps? You should be able to see the silver pin in the middle with nothing around it.

Looking at my PSP just then, I noticed there are a cpl of what looks like copper contacts just below the DC-in socket.
    Anyone know what they are used for, the power cable doesn't use them.

Nowhere and everywhere at the same time...

its used for accessories, and transfers power to and or from the psp. a good example of this is the 4 gamers speaker set.

DCEmu Newbie

The DC-in contains the following:
    1.. A silver rod which is split across the middle
    2. Two small tab/hole things coming out from the base of the rod, one appears empty and one appears filled with something.
    3. A small band stretching from the bottom to the middle in the bottom-right.

The pin in the center should have a tiny split in it (i think its 2 pieces joined together) but the 2 halves should make a pretty neat circle.
    It would be odd if they came apart, if it somehow is bent a little so that it wont fit down the center of the dc-in plug then thats obviously the problem.

The little holes are the bottom are normal, no idea what they are for if anything.

The 'band' stretching down the side on the bottom right is the second metal contact for the outside of the dc-in plug to touch (the pin obviously being the other).

All sounds normal in there, but you say the plug physically wont fit in.

Unless something is jammed into the center of the plug on your power cable (or your somehow accidentally trying to use the wrong cable....) then I cannot see why It would suddenly no longer fit in when it used to just fine.

Its a strange problem that the cause of should be obvious by looking at the plug and socket, if its not its really strange, try someone else's power cable.

Edit: On second thoughts, perhaps your PSP is possessed by goblins, satan or some other mythical creature, try your local priest.

DCEmu Newbie

The silver rod thing looks more like an ellipse than a circle, maybe that's the problem?

Uhm, maybe they are a little off a perfect circle, my eyes aren't that great.

So long as its straight and in the middle it should be fine.

How far does the dc-in plug go in before it 'wont fit'?

I think either the pin is bent or there is something wrong with the plug on the power cord. That may be either something jammed in it or its 'broken' somehow.

Can you try someone else's charger and see if that will fit?

I really cant think of anything else. Sorry.

DCEmu Newbie

I tried my charger on another psp and it worked fine. I'm guessing the pin is bent and I just can't tell.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi, I seem to be having a similar problem to this as well. The weird thing is that I have a USB charger which slots perfectly into the DC-in socket (doesn't charge well at all though, which is the problem). I have tried two mains chargers, the original one that came with the PSP and a new one I bought today. The rods in the socket do look fine from what I can tell, but I could be wrong there...does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks in advance!

DCEmu Pro

to be perfectly honest if that happened with my psp i would just stick it in there with full force and show it who's boss. then I'd probably end up breaking it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information