Thread: Google Maps Blocks my IP..

DCEmu Newbie

Exclamation Google Maps Blocks my IP..

Hi, first off all thanks to Deniska and in7ane for the great applications, I live in Turkey and I use PSP-290 very successfully..Sony must be proud of you, because their product is sold worldwide with the great support of you..

I was blocked by Google maps,after changing my IP,the download resumed,but some tiles didn't download,what is the best solution to download google satellite maps?And is it possible to use google earth's tiles?If so,how?

Because I study geology and prefer satellite images, Google's satellite maps are way better and newer than Yahoo's, Yahoo's are too old for my city (Ankara - Turkey)..
    Thanks in advance for your help..

P.S: And sometimes when I zoom out of the maps, psp freezes and I need to do a restart..Consider it as a little bug report please,and thank you so much again..

DCEmu Regular

I'll take a look at having a map project setting file for easier resumption of map downloads - may take a while to implement though.

About Google Satellite images getting blocked - there's no real solution (IP block expires after a few hours). As for using Google Earth tiles - if you can code it yourself there was gaia ( http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...gle-earth.html ) and I suspect the way things work hasn't changed much since. However, adding it to GMDL is not possible for potential legal reasons (Google seemed quite upset with gaia and got the developers to pull the project).

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for your reply, in fact when it blocks me and gives the dialog box about it,I switch off and then on my adsl router so my IP renews,after that I click OK on the "Google tile test problem..." box and it resumes..But after I click OK,the first tiles won't come,I see jpeg's and they have no data,their name changes (like they trying to find the correct tile number),but then I realize that some tiles are missing..

It's like I have a tile named 2x012078 and then the next tile is named 2x012080 and the between tile is missing..If that didn't happen,I would do the router trick to download my map,but I couldn't..
    Thanks for your help..

DCEmu Regular

If you leave Prompt To Retry Tiles checked under Advanced (it is by default) it will prompt you to redownlaod any tiles it missed at the end.

DCEmu Newbie

Hmm, its checked..I need to complete the download with resetting the router when it blocks me,and on the last attemp it's gonna check the missing tiles..Great..
    Thanks for your help,and thanks again for coding this wonderful application..

Thread Information