Thread: Sony to Launch 80gb PS3 in South Korea

DCEmu Legend

Default Sony to Launch 80gb PS3 in South Korea

[quote]Well we have to admit, we sure didn't see this one coming. There have been rumors of a higher capacity PlayStation 3 for several months now, but no one figured that the first 80GB model would drop not in Japan or the US, but South Korea. And yet that's exactly what's scheduled to go down June 16th, when the previously-denied, Euro-spec'ed PS3 (but no 20GB or 60GB models, it seems) will hit the land of Samsung and LG for a pre-tax 518,000 won -- or just $556. While we don't want to get your hopes up, we can't help but think that this move bodes well for US consumers too; after all, the 80 gigger is already through the FCC, meaning that price drops and unimaginable storage space could be right around the corner.

via engadget

This is a very interesting turn of events. As a 'higher capacity PS3' has been rumored to be in the works for some time. But whats also interesting is that the 80gb PS3 sells for less than the US, Japanese, and European 60gb PS3.

Price cut coming soon? I sure hope so, cause Sony really needs one right about now.

This really screws with my plans to buy one...

eh, if I had the chance to get a 20 with the features of a 60 I would of done.

getting a external hdd like me is much cheaper, or even replacing the 60 with a bigger one.

I would apreciate my 400gb external hdd more than 20gb more.

money grabbers.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

PS3 User

Sony should have had an 120GB model from launch really.

Quote Originally Posted by Triv1um View Post
    eh, if I had the chance to get a 20 with the features of a 60 I would of done.

getting a external hdd like me is much cheaper, or even replacing the 60 with a bigger one.

I would apreciate my 400gb external hdd more than 20gb more.

money grabbers.
    money grabbing?
    this one is cheaper. i think it is a better move than reducing the price of all consoles, it softens the blow for those of us who have already paid for it. whether it makes the purchase more palatable for prospective buyers is still for dispute.

I'm counting on those price drops; the quicker the better. I have never paid the release price of a console, but my patience with the PS3 is relatively short. My logic is that if I can hold out for the PS3 until there's a firmer release base, budget ("Platinum") re-releases, and massive price cuts or sales... well, I won't have spent half a month's measly salary on what is essentially a toy, for one thing.

At least I can always reason that the money I spend on my aging PC is an investment in a tool, while in reality I'm clawing my futile way up the latest 'minimum specs' all the time.

Oh, but I so want a PS3. Come on you price cuts!

Hmmm... if everybody thought like me, nothing would ever sell, and prices would probably rise... better start encouraging others to buy, buy, buy! *wicked grin*

YES!!!

This makes it worthwile to wait till my birthday next year (Feb) for the ps3 WOOT!!

Eh, never mind. These will be like the Euro PS3's with the EE removed.

Quote Originally Posted by $n!pR View Post
    Eh, never mind. These will be like the Euro PS3's with the EE removed.
    definately.

its not too bad though, as long as Rez still works[minus rumble for now...] im happy.

Thread Information