Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NDS: SavSender 1.1 released - dump/restore save files via Wifi

Default NDS: SavSender 1.1 released - dump/restore save files via Wifi

New release from Abcd1234:

Well, I've just released version 1.1 of savsender on my website. This version supports writing the EEPROM, in addition to the regular dumping functions. I've tested this with both MKDS, SM64, and Brain Age, and it seems to work properly.

In addition, I've fixed the config file parsing so it'll deal with whitespace at the start and end of config lines. This should make Mac users happy, as it will now handle any line-ending style, as well as extra spaces, etc.

Enjoy!

Note that this program is the only way for slot-1 users to manage save files from official cartridges, so the addition of write support is of particular interest.

A full Windows usage guide has been created by DanTheManMS and is available for viewing at http://www.scdev.info/forum/index.php?topic=9915.0

Download and give feedback via the comments

DCEmu Newbie

hey, thanks, this post is very useful

nice! ill try it now!

um....hello i have savesender on my M3 ds simply and i got all to work up till it trys to open the config file it says there is an error opening config file plz help soon as possible...oh and im matt..from the comments on the b ark site thing..

Did you put the config file in "(root)\DATA\Settings\savsender.conf"? And did you patch SavSender with DLDI? What does your config file look like?

DCEmu Rookie

Which type of SAV files can I use to restore to an original card?

(R4DS=512KB ; SC, etc)

well im a noob to didli and yes i did put it in the (root)/DATA/Settings/savsender.conf...back to didli explain? all i have is m3 ds simplys game reader..

oh and its =

192.168.0.***

***=end of my ip

also i have no clue what you mean by patching it whith didli

DCEmu Newbie

Hi, I'm having some trouble with savsender and there's really not a lot of information on it that I could find to help solve my problem. Okay, I'll go in order...

The first problem I encountered was that it could not connect to the AP. Therefore, it failed. I then opened my ports (which I had forgotten to do.)

I set up the wifi settings using Mario Kart from my M3 Simply and saved them. I used a static IP and tested the connection. It established fine.

I created the config file as "savsender.conf", with the format

192.168.***

I then created a folder titled "DATA" and in that, "Settings", where I put the conf file.

I patched savsender-1.1.nds with the R4 DLDI and put it on the root of my card.

I go to command prompt after putting "nc.exe" on my desktop and type in "cd desktop". Then I type in "nc.exe -l -p 5000 > output.sav" and hit enter. I get a blinking cursor.

I then turn on my DS Lite, with the M3 Simply in and go to Game - where I click on "savsender-1.1.nds". It asks if I want to create a save file. I click ignore and it boots up.

It says "Welcome to savsender 1.1!" and that's it. The right light is blinking - I assume that's looking for a way to connect to my router. I have no idea what to do as it doesn't do anything further. No other text is displayed and it NEVER says "Cannot connect to AP" anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Kegan

*- I'd really like figuring this out, because I have a Pokemon Pearl save on rental that I NEED because I don't want to start over. Everyone will tell me to use Pokesav, but since I can't get that to work...I'd prefer to figure it out this way. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information