Godus will hit Steam Access via PC and Mac for $19.99/£14.99/€18.99. 22Cans boss and Fable creator Peter Molyneux has said he's "proud and delighted" with his latest creation.
"For a long time I've been excited with how the game is evolving, I already feel there is nothing in the world like GODUS. This is the type of game I have dreamt of making since first getting into the industry; having people play the beta and give us valuable feedback while doing so, makes that dream a reality," said Molyneux.
A new trailer above offers an insight into what the beta will entail. New screenshots are also below.
Godus, a spiritual successor to Populous, puts players in the role of God in charge of their own world filled with settlers. "As you mould every aspect of your unique utopia, a civilization will blossom across your land and offer you their belief. The more followers that believe in you, the more powerful you will become," reads the PR.
"Whilst you are free to lose yourself in this tranquil experience, other gods reign outside of the ever-expanding reach of your influence. If you so wish, you may challenge other gods and their civilizations to epic multiplayer battles that involve hundreds of followers fighting in your name whilst you cast devastating god powers from the skies above. As you conquer more lands, your powers will grow allowing you to nurture the advancement of your own followers," it adds.
Godus successfully raised over £500k with its original Kickstarter fund in December 2012, beforestarting open-ended crowd funding in May this year.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-september-13/