Thread: Wii Sports Tennis on Dreamcast ?

Dreamcast Wii Sports Tennis on Dreamcast ?

We've seen the American Dreamcaster playing Soul Calibur using the Fishing Rod's motion sensing controls. Now GagaMan recorded a new video showing the Fishing Rod in action again - but this time with Virtua Tennis:

Quote Originally Posted by GagaMan
    "So what you're saying", I bet you're asking, "is that we could of been playing Wii tennis seven years ago?". In a sense, YES. [...]

Swinging the rod in certain directions will do exactly that, and the speed of which you swing effects how hard you hit the ball. UNLIKE Wii tennis you have control of your character and can move him around with the analogue stick on it. The best way to do this is to hold the rod in one hand, and keep your thumb on the stick. After a while it becomes second nature.

[...] Here's a quick summary:

Wii Tennis: Forgiving sensitivity, so can be played without to much welly.
    Virtua Tennis: Unforgiving sensitivity,makes you really swing that rod hard.

Wii Tennis: Character movement? We do that $#@! for you!
    Virtua Tennis: You have a thumb stick don't you? Get to work!

Wii Tennis: Create custom character in the Mii Channel to play in-game, or play a generic Mii made by the CPU.
    Virtua Tennis: Create custom character in the World Circuit mode to play in-game, or play as real-life pros (and Tim Henman).

Wii Tennis: Train your custom character up in mini games.
    Virtua Tennis: Train your custom character up in mini games, championship tournaments, and buy new gear for him/her.

Wii Tennis: Deliberately simple graphics that do their job..
    Virtua Tennis: Realistic characters and beautiful backdrops that still hold up well today.

It's pretty amazing just how much in common with the Wii Tennis game this has considering it was sitting there as a un-noticed feature since 2000.
    Read the full article at the Dreamcast Junkyard: http://the-dreamcast-junkyard.blogspot.com/

Watch the video at video at YouTube:

Source: Dreamcast vs Wii @ our forums

Why's everyone comparing the Wii to the old Dreamcast? Of course the Wii is much more powerful than the Dreamcast, so stop dreaming you fanboys..

Quote Originally Posted by -Xandu- View Post
    Why's everyone comparing the Wii to the old Dreamcast? Of course the Wii is much more powerful than the Dreamcast, so stop dreaming you fanboys..
    you come to the dreamcast section why?

thats pretty cool wonder why sega didnt say about it back then.

Looks great, I still havent found a fishing controller yet. but If I do, I suspect this will keep me entertained for a few hours.

That's pretty neat! oh and a note to xandu *ahem* shush you'll offend the dc fanz... DCemu? name give u a clue? O_o

wow i didnt kno it worked with virtua tennis. soul calibur i knew but not virtua tennis. Gotta try it but cant find my dreamcast

Isn't that interesting?! If we knew this was possible, would us DC fans even pay attention to the Wii??:rofl:

Has anyone tried using the fishing rod with Virtua Tennis 2?? I wonder if that would work, as well...

BTW, if you guys didn't notice, at the end of the video; It works for Crazy Taxi, as well. Surpisingly, you car goes MUCH faster with the rod then just pressing R trigger... This might come in handy.

DCEmu Regular

Dreamcast left its mark in the Video game indunstry, thats for sure.
    A lot of new games/consoles/ got inspiried from the Dreamcast.Its life was short but remarkable.
    First or maybe and the last Console with the best Memory(VMU)in the video game indunstry.
    First console with fully fuctional network game play and surfing
    First console with this cool fishing rod/maracas/microphone/Dreameye/keyboard mouse
    First console with and adaptor so that playstation controllers(and others) would be playable.
    And of course the First 128Bit console in the Market!!
    fill me if i forgot something

DCEmu Regular

So thats why XANDU is posting in the Dreamcast section.
    Right Xandu?

Thread Information