Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sonic Rivals 2 heading our way

It seems like they have to keep adding new characters to do anything "new". I know that Mario games add new characters as well, but most have the same "core" cast of mainstays (those in Mario Kart and Mario party, for example). They almost have a rainbow of hedgehogs:

Sonic: Blue/Yellow (when he is Super Sonic)
    Knuckles: Red (I know he's an echidna, but they're pretty much the same thing)
    Amy: Pink (because she's a girl)
    Shadow: Black (suprised?)
    Silver (They keep getting more creative): Silver/White

Knuckles was cool, he could glide and climb walls with his awesome spike-fists. Every lad needs his lass, so Amy is OK as well. But they keep running out of ideas. I don't want to buy the new games, because I+ don't want any of their "innovation." There is a reason Mega Man is fun. Capcom changes very little in each game, and even in games like Megaman Zero the game is kept a side-scroller, along with becoming much more open-ended. The Battle Network games take very little from this original formula, and although the first was entertaining (and the others repetitive sequels that have devolved into having "different" versions, they are not Mega Man. Nintendo innovates well with its flagship series, and SEGA does not (I'm not implying that they are not creative in other areas).

The original Sonic games were good because they were fast and fun. Sonic Adventure was good because it was too (at least in the Action Stages). Nothing else works, and SEGA needs to realize that. Nothing else is good enough. Nothing else is Sonic.

DCEmu Regular

Has anyone played Sonic Rush on the DS? I hear that's supposed to be pretty good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information