This is my first ever guide so don't expect it to be amazing heh...

Right first things first, for this you will need....

- A Windows PC With (The 1st Version Of) VGMTrans (Which Can Be Found Here...)
- A Mac With Quicktime
- A Nintendo DS Rom (Don't Ask Me Where To Get Them)
- Some Way Of Transferring Files Between The Two (E.G. Memory Stick)

Alternatively, you could have a Mac running Virtual PC but... yunno...

1. Unzip the compressed VGMTrans folder and open VGMTrans, then drag in a rom of your choice into the main frame of the program.

2. You will see a long list of songs within the game along the bottom of VGMTrans. Click on one and press the space bar to listen to it. When you get to the song you want, go to the bottom left corner and right click on the Sound Bank (The second one down) and press "Convert To DLS". Then right on the Sequence (The first one down) and press "Convert To Midi". Save them both on a Memory Stick so you can transfer it to the Mac.

3. Right, plug the memory stick into the Mac and open the folder, HD/Library/Audio/Sounds/Banks
and drag in the .DLS file from the memory stick. Now open Quicktime Preferences and set the default instrument set to "Instrument Set" (which would be the .DLS file).

4. Open the midi file in Quicktime & Export it to AIFF, MP3, WAV... whatever. And there you have it. You should have a perfect NDS song.

The only problem with using VGMTrans is that it doesn't seem to support Modulation in the songs, or maybe it doesn't convert the .DLS quite right. But other than that, they sound absolutely perfect.

There's probably a few ways to do this on a PC but, this is the way that I worked out to do it and it works out very well.

Enjoy! :thumbup: