Sony has revealed its latest Vaio products at the IFA 2013 tradeshow in Berlin.
The Vaio devices showcased include the Fit, which transforms from laptop to tablet, the Tap 11, “the thinnest tablet PC in the world,” and the Tap 21, a battery-powered all-in-one desktop PC.
The Vaio Fit is a transforming laptop-tablet that has the ability to fold its keyboard away in order to operate as a Windows 8 tablet.
The hybrid device will be available in 13, 14 and 15.5-inch models, with the touchscreen displaying at a maximum resolution of 2880x1620.
The 15.5-inch version is more powerful than its smaller siblings, containing an Intel i7 processor and 16GB of RAM. Other features include an eight-megapixel camera and a backlit keyboard, which is covered by the Fit’s folding aluminium body when in tablet form.
Unlike the Fit, the Tap 11 is a dedicated tablet, running Windows 8 on an 11.6-inch, 1920x1080 screen, which can be covered by a bundled magnetic keyboard that sticks to the screen to protect it on the go.
Measuring in at 9.9mm thick, Sony calls the Tap 11 “the thinnest tablet PC in the world,” and squeezes in an Intel Haswell Core processor to power the device. Available connections include Micro HDMI, a MicroSD card reader and a USB3.0 port on the device’s edge, with in-built 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, Near-Field Communication and an IR blaster. Like the Fit, the Tap 11 also has an eight-megapixel camera.
The 11’s big brother, the Tap 21, is again a touchscreen device. Unlike the Fit and the 11, the 21-inch Tap 21 is designed for all-in-one desktop or home entertainment use. Although it is by its nature a little less mobile than the Fit and Tap 11, the Tap 21 also contains a battery for some portability.
The 21 is supported by a back-mounted hinge which props the aluminium chassis up. Evolving from the Tap 20, the 21 has grown an inch in screen size and shed eight pounds of weight.
Running the machine is either an Intel Core i5 or i7 processor, with storage available in solid-state or hybrid hard drive options. The package includes software such as Sony’s Fingertapps organiser and the Sony Imagination Studio Vaio Edition.
While the Fit is yet to have prices or a release date detailed, the Tap 11 and 21 are due for an October UK release.

http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/...roducts/031816