Thread: HomeMade Docking station

Default HomeMade Docking station

There are many of these on the other sites biut not here, so i thought i'd make one and post a tutorial.My one looks a bit crap compared to some others, but i like it.

Here are some pics of my station and others:

Here are the Tutorials for these docking stations:
    http://www.psphacker.com/forum/showt...=1426#post1426

http://www.psp-ita.com/index.php?con...%20Station.txt

Here is what i've done( don't laugh):

Right, my tutorial( It probably look like mine, unless you have what i used, like the silver tape.

What you will need:
    *Old dvd/vhs/psp game cover, i recomend dvd as psp is too rare to waste, so it can be pc/ps2 etc.

*Psp Charger
    *tape
    *superglue- can be tape if no superglue is avaliable.
    *Sharp knife/stanley knife, prefably a knife with groves to act like a saw.

And a lot of a patience and perhaps another two cases in case you $#@! up.

* Optional features: covered at end of tutorial. Please read all of tutorial before begining.

First take your Dvd case and mark up and cut out a rectangular hole 16cm * 3 Cm. Cut this out with you knife (don't give up, it took me ages too. DO NOT THROW AWAY THE PLASTIC CUT OUT!!!!!!!!!111

After cuting this cut out any dvd support on the other side, the ring/circle along the outside of where the dvd would be, because this will stop your psp laying properly. Also cut out a small hole in the side of the case to run the wires through.

Now it's time to skin the psp before it's too late. Take your tape, a you can see i used silver tape and put it all the way round, really this is just to protect the psp from scratches down to rigid materials on the dock, so use black tape if you dont want to skin it, but you can always use yellow or white or silver to make it more personal.

Cut the strip of plastic in half length ways and then fold each strip, these will act as tongs on the back to hold the psp up. Stick half of it inside the dvd case with your super glue at either end of the rectangular hole, if no superglue is available put tape over quite a few times, this should be thick/strong tape, not just sellotape.

You are nearly finshed, now is to fix all the wiring up. Run the charge through the hole with the dvd case open, tape its route down so that it doesnt get tricky to find the next time you want to dock your psp. Then if you have mini speakers or want plug it into an amp/stereo etc, run the cables in the sameway.

You should by now have a half decent docking station, or a tatty shambles which would bring shame on you for putting your psp near it( or make it look better by comparison)

I chose not to use the other charge type like in the other tutorials because this could be a fire/accident risk, making your own charger, rather than using a secure safe sony product.

Thanks shizzle

anyone attempted it?

England - don't forget we invented the English language!

I haven't tried yet but yours looks like a great attempt.

I might just give it a go!!

lol, thanks, post pics...

come on, anyone . lol

Here is what i've done( don't laugh):
    Thats not too bad, considering it was made out a DVD case and some superglue.

Cool mod

wheres it been moved too??

did anyone try this in the end?

wheres it been moved to?
    I moved it to the Hardware Forum, since that's where homemade hardware mods are supposed to be posted.
    did anyone try this in the end?
    I'll definately try this when I get a PSP. Though, who knows when that will be.

Thread Information