Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP Game Sales Slump in Japan as DS Games Soar

Blog Entries

Default PSP Game Sales Slump in Japan as DS Games Soar

There's no doubt who's winning the battle for game sales in Japan. In the light of a paltry selection of recent releases, the PSP can muster only 4 games in the top 50 sellers, while the DS has 6 in the top 20 alone.

The spring season is typically slow for game sales, but Nintendo seem to have got things right, releasing Nintendogs right before the golden week of national holidays in Japan.

Meanwhile the DS surged ahead of the PSP in terms of units sold.

Is the sheen coming off the PSP in its mother-country?

NGPSP Author

Give it a week. A new Falcom RPG ported to the PSP by bandai just came out plust there are quite a few kick ass games out this month in japan. All game sales right now are not really that much. So a game simply pushing 100k would get 1st easly.

I love nintendo.. but nothing for the DS has impressed me thus far in the software department... what exactly does japan have for the DS that is so amazing?

The psp is dear compaired to psp. I suppose all the parents are buying ds for their kids...

Quote Originally Posted by shizzle
    The psp is dear compaired to psp. I suppose all the parents are buying ds for their kids...
    i think your completely wrong. i think it has less to do with age groups and more to do with price and fanboyism. Nintendo is pretty much what makes japan so well known in the video game world.

i hate nintendo. They can knock out the best consoles yet they can never back it up. I mean what was on gamecube.resident evil, i would like to get a revolution but i know itll only have kids games on it.

England - don't forget we invented the English language!

I think the price is the main problem the PSP has and will have when it is released here.

It is too expensive!

you could say that the PSP games are more in depth taking longer to complete so therefore you don't go through them as quickly.

You could say its the price

You could say that its the age range

hell you could say its alot of things but lets face it when it comes down to it the DS is out selling the PSP in the games section but i dont gare cos....

GT4 will be realeased soon

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by nexis2600
    Give it a week. A new Falcom RPG ported to the PSP by bandai just came out plust there are quite a few kick ass games out this month in japan. All game sales right now are not really that much. So a game simply pushing 100k would get 1st easly.

i agree, think its a bit early to gain any conclusions from the sales, the numbers wouldn't tell alot untill after most of the marquee titles have been released for the systems.

Quote Originally Posted by shizzle
    i hate nintendo. They can knock out the best consoles yet they can never back it up. I mean what was on gamecube.resident evil, i would like to get a revolution but i know itll only have kids games on it.
    we have been over this here on DCEMU about 1000000000000 times, and seeing that you have a history of trying to flame people new to our forum im not going to hold back much here.

Blood, guts, gore, and bad language dont make good games. Gameplay, story, and inovation does. Nintendo has tested this theory time and time again in games like: SUPER MARIO, SMASH BROTHERS, THE LEGEND OF ZELDA, ETC, and even third party companies, such as Capcom produces Viewtiful Joe (Which for no reason carried a Teen rating), Megaman was never exactly the Grand Theft Auto of the day either. Calling a colorfull, inovative game for any age a KID GAME is just ignorant. If half the people would shut their mouths and play the games for a while they wouldnt have such an idiotic opinion.

check out: Mario Kart, The Legend of Zelda, Wario, etc and if you dont get addicted to these games... well your opinion dosnt matter much here anymore.

Finanly, you can read in my signature that im not much of a speller, but at least I try. Perhapes you could try a little harder to type so we can read things eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information