Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Boss Says Price, Quality Hurt PS3

Default Nintendo Boss Says Price, Quality Hurt PS3

Via PS3 Center

The Nintendo of America Boss George Harrison has stated that the PS3 is failing because of the price point and low quality.

Nintendo has not been all that silent in regards to their intentions this next-generation now that they have a solid lead with both the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS leading hardware sales.

Harrison had an interview with the web site Wires and stated that the Sony SIXAXIS controller as well as Viva Pinata from Microsoft were attempts to try and steal some of the market which Nintend is now enjoying with their Wii remote control as well as Animal Crossing.

He stated bluntly that "Sony rushed out their Sixaxis controller as an effort to respond to the Wii remote."

It is no secret now that it has been reported, right here at PCN, that Nintendo plans to sell 35 million Wii consoles over the next four years and control 50% of the market.

"There’s a price point and there’s the quality that’s holding the PlayStation 3 back. They’re selling so many PlayStation 2s because people are saying, ’You know what? The graphics are pretty good, the price is good, and the library is good.’ So we have a great expectation this lifecycle’s actually going to last more than five years," Harrison stated.

Harrison concluded the consumers are more satisfied with the current technology, even though the PS3 has the capability to pump out some amazing visuals.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblind View Post
    I see a Sony making a PS4. Well, that is if they can manage to sell enough PS2's to get the money.

And SIXAXIS=Gimmick.
    Are you on crack?

And SIXAXIS=Gimmick.
    Feel the same for the wiimote.

Sure, its a classy toy.

DCEmu Legend

Well he's got the price point on the money. But low quality? Are you $#@!ting me?

90% of PS3 owners are still using their original launch consoles with maybe 9.9% of them having to get a new console from Sony due to manufacturing defects and .1% having to get more than one new console from Sony for the same reason.

Thats a $#@! load better than the 60% for the Xbox360, 20% for one console and 20% for more than one console being replaced. Some people are on their 4th and 5th consoles only a year and a half into the Xbox360's life...

I don't really see where he comes off as saying its low quality; I have dropped my PS3 from its 2ft high shelf and nothing broke and it works fine; considering the weight of the unit, if it really was low quality that fall should have destroyed it...

Well the Wii is only slightly better in quality than the Xbox 360. Very cheaply made and their making a profit, go figure!

DCEmu Legend

Yeah, I cannot imagine that they produce the Wii at a loss... It uses a 700mhz processor and its GPU is hardly worthy of the title next-gen. Seeing that the Cell costs 80 USD to produce the Wii's processor probably costs a 1 dollar to make...

Quote Originally Posted by $n!pR View Post
    Well the Wii is only slightly better in quality than the Xbox 360. Very cheaply made and their making a profit, go figure!
    Any reasoning to this?

Are you on crack?
    Or this?

Are you saying the PS3 will most likely out-sell the PS2, one of the best consoles ever?

the quality issue is as absurd as the mouth.

i think the ps3 is one the highest build quality machines in my house, easily in line with all my apple computers, which i beleive is a huge complement to sony.

the difference between the Wii and the PS3: both do what they do very very well, but there is simply more to do on the ps3 than the Wii.

the overheating issue of the Wii also concerns me, on standby the thing does get very hot, and even heats up the shelf it is on. nintendo even saved money on the on/off switch...there isnt one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Accordion View Post
    the overheating issue of the Wii also concerns me, on standby the thing does get very hot, and even heats up the shelf it is on. nintendo even saved money on the on/off switch...there isnt one!!!
    Precisely. I already had to get my Wii fixed because of that. Hench my other comment about it being cheap. I should also mention, the WiFi on the Wii is absolute crap. It barely works and I have the router in the next room from it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information