"We didn't add the scene just to be controversial"
Dennaton Games

Dennaton, the creator of Hotline Miami, has removed a controversial sexual assault scene from the sequel's demo and is currently reconsidering its place in the finished game.
"We respect everyone's opinion. We felt like we might have to have the whole game for that scene to work, or maybe we were doing it wrong. It didn't come out the way we wanted it to," developer Dennis Wedin told RPS.
The scene in question was first brought to media attention by writer Cara Ellison, who objected to the handling of a sexual assault scene within the Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number playable demo.
"The control is taken from me by the game, and my character, the Pig Butcher, pins her down and drops his trousers," said Ellison.
Wedin added that the intention of the scene wasn't just to be controversial, and that there is much more to the two characters involved than is shown in the demo.
"We're gonna see how people react to it when we test the whole game. We'll get opinions and stuff like that. We'll see how we can present this in a good way. In a way that we want it to come across. Not just as provocative. That's not our meaning at all.
"I respect people's comments and the fact that people voiced them. That's how they feel. Our scene made them feel this way, so we have to think about why and if there's something we can do to make it better. I don't think it's right to just say, 'You're wrong. You're just looking at it wrong.' That's not the way to go."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...ine-miami-devs