Thread: DCaSTaway suggestions

Default DCaSTaway suggestions

Hi Chui,

Just burnt a couple of CDs crammed full of ST games. Works great!

A little suggestion: can we have an auto-fire option please? Maybe one of the spare buttons can be used or maybe a menu option.

Also, it would be nice to map a button to a ST keypress. This would be handy for example in R-Type where you need to press the spacebar to launch your pod.

Keep up the good work!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Nogginthenog View Post
    ... A little suggestion: can we have an auto-fire option please? Maybe one of the spare buttons can be used or maybe a menu option.
    Ok, its a good idea build a controller menu for next (real end) relesase.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogginthenog View Post
    Also, it would be nice to map a button to a ST keypress. This would be handy for example in R-Type where you need to press the spacebar to launch your pod.
    I think that this option is NOW available: under virtual keyboard choose any key with B button.

DCEmu Newbie

Question

My suggestion, as crazy as it sounds, would be to have serial port support. Make it possible for the Dreamcast as a ST to see the DC serial port and be able to use a modem to call out.

I want to be able to do my BBS calling on a Dreamcast, and getting an emulator to make use of the serial port (DcastAway or I've been talking to the Atari800DC author too) would be awesome.

What are the chances that DCastAway could handle serial communications through the DC serial port?

(This is with the idea that I would need to make a serial cable to work with an outside modem (since I understand few know how to code the DC Modem.))

Thread Information