Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 Questions.......if I'm allowed to...

DCEmu Newbie

Default 2 Questions.......if I'm allowed to...

1. I have a "Games N' Music" card and I can't find a DLDI patch for it. Will there ever be one? I'd like a SNES emulator on my DS. Is there a SNES emulator that won't need DLDI patch?

2. Have you played a homebrew game called MegaEtk? Whenever I try to save it, it says FAT disabled. What's FAT?

There is no DLDI file for the GnM card, and there has not been any documentation provided by Datel so that one could be made. Therefore, any homebrew that accesses the filesystem at all will not work on the GnM. This is most likely why MegaEtk freezes. FAT is the type of filesystem, and since it can't access the filesystem, it freezes.

The only SNES emulation you would be able to do would be to use SNES DS with very small games. See the "slot-1 quickstart" instructions at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNES_DS

DCEmu Newbie

What games would work using this method? I can't download Super Mario World anywhere.

Anything under 2-3 MB or so. Basically, the final filesize of the *.nds file must be below 4 MB, preferably a few hundred kb short just to be safe. This means that Chrono Trigger and the DKC series are too large, but other games work.

DCEmu Newbie

Really? I did this for Metal Warriors and it didn't work. It's only 2 MB. I did forget to change bin file like it told me to do. Why change bin file?

The 11-27 version is the last to implement the SuperDAT, which supplies fixes and makes many games more playable. Change the bin file and also download the latest SuperDAT file from the PocketHeaven boards.

Keep in mind that SNES DS has many incompatibilities. Metal Warriors may be one of them.

DCEmu Newbie

I checked the list. It's compatible. I can't find the
    11-27 version anywhere. Same with Super Mario World.

I mean the 11-27 version of SNES DS, not the game. Go to the homepage at http://www.cs.utah.edu/~tew/snesDS/ and download the 11-27-05 version. Use the snesDS.bin file in there to replace the one you're currently using. Then try again.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    I mean the 11-27 version of SNES DS, not the game. Go to the homepage at http://www.cs.utah.edu/~tew/snesDS/ and download the 11-27-05 version. Use the snesDS.bin file in there to replace the one you're currently using. Then try again.
    I know you meant SNES DS. My game still didn't work. What game did you use? I was gonna try Super Mario World, but it's ESA protected eveywhere.

actually if you buy chishm a GnM he will likely eventualy make a DLDI patch...
    I don't go on here much anymore. Find me on GBAtemp.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information