Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Future request topic

DCEmu Regular

Default Future request topic

There isn't any official Future Request topic. If we now have 3 people working on Mapthis, a lot more is possible

My wishes (i like mapThis anyway, thats why i donated ):

-Navigate from point to point with Markers.
    -KM/H speedfix (still present !)
    -Poi fix with no more name restriction to GAS for gasstations and HOTEL for hotels.
    -Altitude fix (i live at 350823403285 meters high ??)
    -Some chrashes while in 111 mhz mode and sound on.
    -Smaller map sizes.

-Built in redirection: if you drive wrong with a Tom tom, it says turn around, or it recalculates a route (if geodata is present), wonder if that could be done too

Almost impossible things to build:

-Faster fixing time possible ?
    -Bluetooth connectivity to receivers ??
    -Vector maps usage ?
    -Fuel economy things (If you don't own a board computer)
    -Traffic Message Control (TMC) ?
    -Weather support from wifi ?

Thanks

All this from latest official version 0.99

DCEmu Rookie

I am working on the "smaller map sizes" from the GPSFS re-compression side. This is NOT a realtime zlib type approach, as both png and jpgs do not compress well, but a re-compression of the images at lower qualities...

DCEmu Newbie

@Codaz
    Weather support from wifi is not difficult neither impossible to implemet
    Altitude Fix is kind of easy too.

DCEmu Newbie

Creating a trip with directions with MapThis! without the use of a computer and faster fixes for PSP-290

DCEmu Newbie

Here's another "impossible to implement", but as long as we're throwing around hypotheticals;
    Connect to a PC via wifi so that the computer can use the PSP-290 as a GPS Device as well. It would probably be relatively easy to relay this information via wifi (ad-hoc network?), the tricky part would be getting the software running on the computer thinking it was a physical device (e.g. COM1 showing as a usb gps device).

And its been said before, but faster fixes for the 290 would be nice too!

Thanks Deniska for all the work so far, and I will be eagerly awaiting the next release, these features included or not.

Edit:
    I don't want to start a whole new thread about this so I might as well just ask it here. I was playing around with the mapViewer config file and now MapThis starts up in "Track Up Mode", and I can't seem to figure out how to change the default back to North Up, what am I missing :P.

Quote Originally Posted by sunami88 View Post
    Here's another "impossible to implement", but as long as we're throwing around hypotheticals;
    Connect to a PC via wifi so that the computer can use the PSP-290 as a GPS Device as well. It would probably be relatively easy to relay this information via wifi (ad-hoc network?), the tricky part would be getting the software running on the computer thinking it was a physical device (e.g. COM1 showing as a usb gps device).

And its been said before, but faster fixes for the 290 would be nice too!

Thanks Deniska for all the work so far, and I will be eagerly awaiting the next release, these features included or not.

Edit:
    I don't want to start a whole new thread about this so I might as well just ask it here. I was playing around with the mapViewer config file and now MapThis starts up in "Track Up Mode", and I can't seem to figure out how to change the default back to North Up, what am I missing :P.
    I believe the Track up mode only starts when startup map is enabled...so you may want to disable startup map..

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    I believe the Track up mode only starts when startup map is enabled...so you may want to disable startup map..
    You are correct sir, thank you .

Codas, can you post your system.conf file?
    also can you capture some gps data from your PSP?
    (use the record feature and post GPS.TXT file)
    I'd like to figure out your altitude problem...

DCEmu Newbie

Can someone remake a eboot to power up the top usb port for a Holux..Like it does with the 290..

Y you ask??

I got my friend hooked on mapthis and his umd drive is dead anyway. Sooo we took it all apart and took apart the gpslim236. Its all embedded inside the psp now, and it works great. However it runs all the time when the psp is on, or you can open door and shut it off manualy. Im looking to power his unit only when mapthis runs via them top power pins.

Hope somones up to the challange. Thanxs

DCEmu Regular

LOL, any pictures of that Badapple ?

That would be great.

Also new feature request for Mapthis:

Add poi's while you are on the road. If you see a nice castle or something you can add a poi if you stop at the corner of the road.

Next time you can drive to that

Deniska, config is coming.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information