Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSiP - VoIP for Nintendo DS - Test Release

Blog Entries

NDS DSiP - VoIP for Nintendo DS - Test Release

JSR has posted a Test release of his VoIP app for the Nintendo DS, basically use your Nintendo DS as a Phone:

Heres the release info:

Hello all,
    Today I have something to ask you. As it seems difficult for people to share their voip account, I decided to code a little app out of my windows version of DSiP to report the compatibility with various VOIP Servers. There is a configuration file (dsip-config.cfg) where you write 4 parameters about your SIP Account. Here is an exemple (this is not a working account):

SERVER="sip.dns-hosting.info"
    USER="2233445566"
    PASSWORD="12345"
    DOMAIN="sip2sip.info"

Then launch the program and when prompted, enter the telephone number of the phone you want to call.

Please report what the program print on screen in the comments of this post. If you don't pass the "2 - Registered" stage, think twice (and even more) before reporting something. Also, if you can report what is your LAN (behind a router,firewall or not...), it would help me also. Please note that this version rely on DNS Resolving so it doesn't work with IP Address (for the moment).

Thank you !

I have to do some other important things like writing a report for university so during the next two weeks i will spend less time on coding. But don't worry, what I need to do for DSiP doesn't require a lot of time, i'm lucky . By the way, my code looks 100% clean now. I'm happy with the result because now everything is ready for a quick implementation of external module. I would like to thank a lot the first donator : Excession for his trust and his encouraging mail. Thanks

Bye all !

DIGG THIS

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Wish I had a VOIP Account so I could try it out.

Hmm. I have a Gizmo account and I found the STUN and SIP servers, but I'm not sure how that corresponds to the DOMAIN and SERVER options here...

DCEmu Newbie

errr is there any way to change this to easier terms all i know is that this will make your ds a phone but i have no idea what STUN and SIP means any body want to translate the first post please

it would be cool if i could actually use this.
    but i dont have a voip account or anything like that.
    never the less. this is still pretty cool for something like this to be on the ds.
    keep up the good work!

i would like to test the one for the ds but oh well and i gess i cant becous i dont hav an acount voip yet either but i do know where youcan get one for on payment of $999 or $99 but the $999 gives you free unlimited access

and here is the link
    http://www.rnkvoip.com/phoneforlife.html

Too bad I don't have a SIP account, only Skype, but this sounds like a great step towards true VOIP.

DCEmu Rookie

yea, i would also like to know how these fields incorperate with gizmo. it sure would be nice to have gizmo support

wheres the .nds file?

nevermind, but i cant type anything in the box! help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information