Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: StellaDS v0.71 Released - Atari2600 Emulator for DS

Blog Entries

NDS StellaDS v0.71 Released - Atari2600 Emulator for DS

The Atari2600 was the first console as a very young lad i remember seeing and playing and today the Chuckster releases a new version of his Atari 2600 Emulator for the Nintendo DS and it comes with a load of Homebrew games for the Atari 2600

Heres whats new:

All right, here's a much-needed StellaDS Atari 2600 emulator update before the major overhaul begins. Changes include:

DLDI and libfat support for all of the new flash cartridges
    Updated to latest devkitpro toolchain
    Long-awaited streaming sound without any crackling and popping noises
    Code optimizations (code in the ITCM and the new armv5te compiler optimizations)
    Faster speed but still not 100%
    Usability enhancements with the menus (key repeat, no more bogus dot entries)
    So now the sound finally works as it should, and many more people with microSD cards and the like can enjoy StellaDS. Look forward for more features in the future! Wifi multiplayer Warlords or Pong anyone? How about 100% speed via an assembly-optimized CPU emulator? I can't make any guarantees, but I'm definitely trying to implement these features.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

This version is my first experience with StellaDS, and I'm glad I finally gave it a shot. The backup selection screen is a little twitchy for some reason, but the sound and graphics are dead on from what I've played. Playing Haunted House on the DS brings back many fond memories. Thank you.

YES! I've been looking forward to this for ages. I might even be able to beat Solaris now!

DCEmu Pro

Holy $*&#! Thank you Chuckster.

First thing I'm loading up is ET. lol (just kidding)

Seriously though, I can't wait for HERO, Cosmic Ark, Pitfall, Empire Strikes Back.....

Just checked it out and there is no sound and a pixelated bar on the right side, guess my crap card can't handle this one.

Anyway, great work. Still very playable.

Edit: Sound works!.I have to keep the number of roms to 12, I believe. Just awesome!

have tried a great many games so far and most work fine some slower than others but there is quite a few that are pretty much full speed, i have sound working fine on everything but would have loved a fast scroll button on the menu screen as i have 527 roms on the list :-) this is a great release i cant wait for the next update.

Managed to play HERO!Very good update.

Question Help

I can't get it to work on my MMD! (v1.22)
    I patched it with the latest DLDI and every thing.
    Someone please help me.....

DCEmu Pro

I know it works.
    For some reason atarids.nds has to be in the root of your card, not in a folder.
    All of the game roms (which can be in .bin and .a26) must be in a folder named stellads also on the root of your card.
    Of course continue to dldi patch it, and be forwarned that not every game plays at 100% speed.

DCEmu Newbie

This Is One Cool Emulator! Nice One. The Atari 2600 was before my time, So I might just find some real Gems.

DCEmu Pro

Look for Empire Strikes Back, it plays at a good speed and is a great star wars game and the first licensed star wars game to boot. It's a Defender inspired game but well worth playing IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information