Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yes Ta-082's also anything up to 3.03 can be downgraded ! Sheeze

Default Yes Ta-082's also anything up to 3.03 can be downgraded ! Sheeze

It seems that there are a lot of people who dont know about new Downgraders / Custom Firmware around the community.

Anyway, This is about refreshing your memory and letting you know about these little tools. So far anything below 3.03 can be downgraded and 3.40 can be used as a custom firmware (in conjuntion with 1.50)

So as far as we are concerned all Firmwares Above 2.00 and below 3.03 (TA-082 included) have been exploited and downgraded.

There is a separate downgrader for each firmware but this time we are only going to cover the 2.80 downgrader first because it seems a lot safer than the 2.71 also having TA082 patch built right into it.

1.52 - 2.80 Downgrading

1. Update to Firmware 2.80
    2. Reformat PSP memory stick (Back everything up first on to your computer)
    3. Use the 2.80 EasyDown provided by PSP-hacks and Team Reign
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1040.
    4. Read instructions Carefully then downgrade, this has the TA-082 patcher built in. So regardless TA-082 does not matter.
    NOTE: HEN may take time to kick in, do not give in, just keep trying
    5. Update to 3.40OE

3.03 Downgrading

If your firmware is higher than 2.80 but lower than 3.03 AND you have GTA LCS upatched (check copyright, should be 2005 and your disk should have the 2.00 update on it) follow these steps

1. Update to 3.03
    2. use this 3.03 downgrader -http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1034
    3. You must read instructions and supply the 1.50 update and rename it according to the manual.
    4. Downgrade to 1.50 as per instructions
    5. Update to 3.40OE

3.40OE can be found on www.dark-alex.org, Installation is easy. You just need to read the instructions

Good Luck

Wally

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

Well I downgraded my friends TA-082 a couple months ago... from 3.03

I donīt know about the 2.71, I liked that one; it worked for me 2 times, for me and a friend, it seemed pretty safe.

Also I thought the one for 3.03 was more difficult but it worked fine, there is just the little detail of having LCS unpatched (a friend has two of them, lucky me, one his, one his brother)

I thought 2.80 was a little risky but if you say itīs safer than the one for 2.71 Iīll give it a try when I got the Chance

the 2.71 was safe for me to do, also the 3.03
    way back... the2.00 was way too risky!!!!!!!!!!! also the 2.50/2.60 since theres no instruction or steps, nor what tells you

2.71 is safe however it's TA-082 support is not built into the downgrader itself

Yeah thanks for saying something because i helped this one person who asked i really thought everybody knew so thanks for saying something

well i liked each and every one of them the ones that i used were the 2.71,2.80, and 3.03 i used each of them atleast 3 times each

Quote Originally Posted by wally View Post
    2.71 is safe however it's TA-082 support is not built into the downgrader itself
    that is true... 2.80 is another story

DCEmu Newbie

i used the 2.00 downgrader back in the day..technically its the safest of all as it uses the official sony updater. There werent exactly any bricks. The least safe was 2.50/2.60 downgrader imo, a lot of bricks during early versions of that

Quote Originally Posted by Talidan View Post
    i used the 2.00 downgrader back in the day..technically its the safest of all as it uses the official sony updater. There werent exactly any bricks. The least safe was 2.50/2.60 downgrader imo, a lot of bricks during early versions of that
    0.0 I feel sheepish, I dg-ed my 2.60 back in the day it came out. I wasn't aware of so many bricks!

Anyway, brain surgery is better after you've done it multiple times, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for this simple guide BTW, newcomers always ask these questions first, and I remember browsing for how to run homebrew when I came here over a year ago and was utterly confused.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information