Pre-loading of the PS3 Grand Theft Auto 5 through the PlayStation Network has been delayed until September 16, it has been confirmed.
Sony previously said customers pre-ordering through its online store would be able to download the 17 gigabytes worth of data the game encompasses from September 13. However it has now told users on the official PlayStation forum pre-loading has been delayed until a day before the game's official release.
"I can confirm that GTA V will be available to pre-download on Monday the 16th September," posted an online support coordinator.
"I will try to find out why the date has changed but its confirmed that the pre-download will be on the 16th."
A number of forum users have responded with anger, citing the ability pre-load well in advance of the release date as a key factor in their decision to pre-order through Sony's store.
"Most of us preordered from PSN because we could preload it on the 13th," said one user.
"First time pre-ordering digitally and the last time," another added. "What a shambles Sony. No point in asking for the £50 back from my wallet I guess. That's the part of the deal you will hold up - no refunds."
A number of users on the forum have pointed out that, without the ability to pre-load the game, they won't be able to play the game when it unlocks at midnight.
Concern have also been expressed at the potential network problems that could arise from a significant number of PSN users attempting to download 17GB worth of data simultaneously. Additionally, users with slow internet connections may find themselves having to wait an even greater period of time to play the game.
Sony has not said whether it will let customers cancel pre-orders and offer refunds.
The delay follows the leak of GTA 5 details through a PlayStation Store error. In August gamers who pre-ordered the game via the EU PlayStation Store were apparently accidentally given access to files that revealed game details, which were inevitably posted online.
Pictures of the official Grand Theft Auto 5 map have emerged online, showing how large the new game will be. New Grand Theft Auto Online details have also been released, delivering insight into character creation, activities and more.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-september-16/