Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has conducted a "full investigation" into the notorious Ouya game Gridiron Thunder but found no wrongdoing, according to a representative at the game's developer.
Gridiron Thunder is suspected to have raised its funds on Kickstarter though unconventional means - in that the football game has made $171,009 on Kickstarter from just 183 backers, representing an average of nearly $1000 from each person.
Further doubts were raised when it was discovered that Gridiron Thunder has also successfully applied to the Ouya Free The Games Fund - an initiative which doubles the investment of any Kickstarter game in exchange for six months of exclusivity.
The Ouya initiative can theoretically be exploited, critics say, allowing Kickstarter projects to double their money if they reach certain funding goals.
One project that appears to have attempted this (called Elementary, My Dear Holmes) was suspended by Kickstarter before the funds were released. That game managed to raise nearly $60,000 from 861 people (around $70 per person), some of which were proven to be fictional.
But developers at Gridiron Thunder are talking down the same outcome for their controversial project. Andrew Won, the chief executive at developer MogoTXT, said the game is already set for release on Ouya.
Speaking to Joystiq, he added: "Kickstarter conducted a full investigation and found nothing wrong with our campaign. This is conclusive and our campaign came to a successful close last Sunday."
He added: "I've answered the same question many times and I have nothing more to add. There is nothing left to discuss."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...investigation/