Thread: Switching to new custom Xmb...

Default Switching to new custom Xmb...

So right now im using the vista custom Xmb on my
    3.03 OE-C psp. Im thinkin of switching to a new custom Xmb. My question is what is the safest way to do this. I have a copy of the original flash0 files of the 3.03 OE-C cfw. i was thinking i delete everything in the flash0 and add the original flash0 files and then add the new custom xmb....just to be safe.
    ***any help toward not bricking my psp would be aprreciated***

As long as you have a backup of your original files, you're good to overwrite the appropriate files as it is. No need to delete and copy everything, that would achieve nothing short of wear and tear on the NAND flash. If something's wrong or you want your old XMB back, just go back into recovery and copy the backup of the offending files back

-EDIT-

Figured you might wanna know that there's also a plugin that bypasses the need to replace files on your flash altogether named cxmb. Release thread is here. Simply shove it into the seplugins folder in the root of your memory stick, copy the files listed in that thread from your flash backup, and switch in any ones that you wish to replace. Personally, I still replace the files on my flash, but this way is far safer, albeit a tad slower due to reading from the memory stick.

Why dont you visit pspupdates.qj.net

they have a program that uses the memory stick to switch the custom xmb and not the flash

Quote Originally Posted by djbrotherson View Post
    Why dont you visit pspupdates.qj.net

they have a program that uses the memory stick to switch the custom xmb and not the flash
    Aaw, you beat my edit by a minute. Ah well, more info won't do any harm.

thank you guys for the replies....

ill be sure to check out the cxmb software...

DCEmu Newbie

can i have a copy of the original files in flash0? i forgot to keep mine, it's for 3.40 oe-a. thanks.

An entire flash0 will indeed brick your psp, but a resource folder will do no harm.

DCEmu Newbie

if you want free psp's ipods and stuff got to this site http://www.ezyrewards.com/?id=159046 all you have to do is complete FREE offers i already got a free domain and a card which i can use online which has $25 on it

Thread Information