Thread: Large map crash solution?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Large map crash solution?

This is really for Deniska, but I was wondering if the large maps may be crashing because it's trying to load so many smaller PNG tiles.

Maybe you could have it load just the centered tile, and the 8 surrounding tiles (so it loads only a block of 9 tiles at any one time for any loc you're viewing)?

I would assume map size would then not be a problem at all?

Just a suggestion anyway, I don't really know much about how you put it all together.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Leake View Post
    This is really for Deniska, but I was wondering if the large maps may be crashing because it's trying to load so many smaller PNG tiles.

Maybe you could have it load just the centered tile, and the 8 surrounding tiles (so it loads only a block of 9 tiles at any one time for any loc you're viewing)?

I would assume map size would then not be a problem at all?

Just a suggestion anyway, I don't really know much about how you put it all together.
    MapThis reads only the necessary tiles from the GPSFS files, so the crash is not due to "so many tiles" I believe.

DCEmu Newbie

ah, I see.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi!
    Im having the same problem... Im using the last versions of both GMD and Mapthis! but when I load some maps it just stay either loading and finally shutting down the PSP or completely blocked with a green line in a middle (which also ends in a crash of the machine after some time) The maps Im trying to load are from Google maps, around 200M, which is the regular size for a normal city I believe... any ideas??

Cheers!

Thread Information