Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flashback for the DS Port 0.1.9

Could someone please post a detailed guide as to how to get this to work, I have tried and tried and it wont work, the error I get is "unable to find data files, check that all required files are present!" I was not entirely sure on what files I needed so I just copied them all to the Data directory (some aren't needed)

By the way, in case it matters, I am trying this on the R4DS. The files I have are from http://www.abandonia.com/games/74/ (the amiga files are also there)

Please help

There is already a GBA version of Out of this World / Another World that works perfectly on the DS.

And I'm also trying to run this in the R4DS. Does this work on the R4?

Thanks

XP

OMG, yes, it works perfect in the DS with R4!!! Thanks!!
    The animations are just a bit too slow, but everything else is fine.

Jimmy, you need to copy the nds file and the data folder in the root of your microSD card.

You need the original DOS files and the amiga MODS.

XP

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by xenophreak View Post
    There is already a GBA version of Out of this World / Another World that works perfectly on the DS.
    I'm running Flashback using the SNEmulDS SNES emulator. Works a treat. I tried Another World but it wouldn't run.

DCEmu Newbie

hello

i wish i can play flashback on my ds

when i played the original, i remember there was a password protection at the end of the 1st level.

how can we write the password with the ds?

I'm running Flashback using the SNEmulDS SNES emulator.
    yes i tryed it too, but with snemulds the savegame bugs (games are saved but can't be loaded with flashback..)

Quote Originally Posted by ahahah View Post
    hello

i wish i can play flashback on my ds

when i played the original, i remember there was a password protection at the end of the 1st level.

how can we write the password with the ds?

yes i tryed it too, but with snemulds the savegame bugs (games are saved but can't be loaded with flashback..)
    instead of entering codes you can scroll through level codes on the password screen. Up/down for skill, left/right for level.

Troy(GPF)

DCEmu Newbie

hello

i tryed the game but it is very slow (unplayable) is it normal or have i made something wrong?

Default some news?

Quote Originally Posted by GPF View Post
    Unfortunetly no, I have it ported and it works great, but the author of Another World has requested that newer versions based off of Gregory Montoir ported engine not be released anymore. I did a dreamcast version which I received permission to released with the commercial datafiles, that was a couple years ago and not sure how the author feels now I haven't tried to contact him.

Heart of the Alien was ported to the dreamcast if I remember right, so there is source code available somewhere but I haven't looked into that yet.

Troy(GPF)
    Hello.I love also this game and i would like know if they are some news about if chachi has changed his opinion.I know they released a pc version (i prefer classic background) and also mobile versions.Are you contact him again?
    I know also they are other great reverse engine (using 3do and new pc version) but has the same problem for making it available.

And other question,i saw a request about hota,none has tried port it?

thanks,i have enjoyed a lot flashback on my ds.
    dani

it works great for me.I finish it in the ds and no problem.
    Only a few slowdown in some places (station if i dont remember bad)

great port,thanks!

Some guy ported RAW (Another World) to Wii but I don't know if he got permission for that and I couldn't get his version working.

Flashback DS does need some improvements like speeding up cutscenes and making the text easier to read. The level and language select code from the PSP version would also be nice.
    Last edited by Sektor; January 16th, 2009 at 05:32.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information