Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lonestar Inventions claims Nintendo infringed on patent

General games Lonestar Inventions claims Nintendo infringed on patent

via News 8 Austin

A Texas game-making company has sued Nintendo charging that it infringed on a patent in designing the Wii video game system.

Lonestar Inventions, in the suit filed in Tyler, seeks triple damages, but no specific amount and an injunction against Nintendo using the patented technology.

In 1993, one of Lonestar's principals patented a structure for capacitors that took up less space on a semiconductor chip by using parallel conducting strips.

Lonestar claims the same design showed up in Nintendo products but didn't identify any. Company attorney Phillip Bruns said it appears in the Wii.Nintendo's Julia Roether declined comment.

Lonestar has sued other companies over the same patent and won licensing agreements with Texas Instruments and Broadcom. Lonestar has filed similar lawsuits against Eastman Kodak and Austin-based Freescale Semiconductor. Kodak hasn't responded, and Freescale denied Lonestar's charges.

Aren't we all getting tired of hearing about these little no name companies that start claiming patent infringement when another company independently develops something similar to an idea they "patented".

If they patent an idea, why don't they develop products which use the idea and then sell those products to the companies that want them? Instead they wait until something is tremendously successful then sue for ludicrous amounts of money. They don't care about protecting their intellectual rights as much as they do about legally extorting money. I think they should have to prove that Nintendo used their exact idea and did so with the knowledge that there was a patent on the idea.

LMAO. They just want a share of Wii's cash pie.

They should sue Sony instead, I'm sure there's something in that behemoth called the PS3 they ripped off :rofl:

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by Psyberjock View Post
    Aren't we all getting tired of hearing about these little no name companies that start claiming patent infringement when another company independently develops something similar to an idea they "patented".
    You said it man. And you can't say it much better than that. I think its ridiculous if you ask me. I hope the suit against Nintendo gets thrown out.

DCEmu Old Pro

Nintendo should have spent more on patent research.

Wtf?

it shouldnt matter if these claims are true are not, as the rule states that you must show proof that you are going to MAKE the product, i heard this somewere.

wow i love these little companies trying to take down the powerhouse nintendo.hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by steve520 View Post
    wow i love these little companies trying to take down the powerhouse nintendo.hahahaha
    lol yea, theres more chance in been granted eternal life, Ninty learned there lesson over SONY stealing there CD idea, and wont let this slip

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Condescending Reply: Lol, I'm sure Nintendo stole your design Lonestar... Not that your company hasn't been heard of much outside of suing other companies for similar crap.

Lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information