Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another mapThis video tutorial

Default Another mapThis video tutorial

The 3.52 m33 tutorial with all required files:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=EmNCzlYW8cg

Holux released another receiver, compatible with MapThis!
    M-1000:

Features:
    • 32 parallel satellite-tracking channels for fast acquisition and reacquisition
    • High Sensitivity : -158dBm
    • Built-in rechargeable Lithium ion battery for up to 17 hours operation.
    • Superior Urban Canyon Performance
    • Compatible with Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP) completely.
    • Compatible with all navigation software
    • CE, FCC and RoHS compliant
    mhouse974 posted step by step video tutorial on how to install and use mapThis!

Click on the video for links to required files and other instructions.

DCEmu Newbie

Can someone please help me?
    I tried it on 3.40OE but the PSP will always crash when it try to initialize the USB - and yes i copied the two prx files into the Mapviewer folder. Without the two files it will just hang and show an error.

I do not have the PSP-290 right now, but i should get one next week. I just want to play a bit around before i get the module.

i have 3.30 OE-A and i followed the video EXACTLY but in my psp only the old 0.3 version of mapthis shows up and not the 0.499 version.

any ideas?

the only way i am getting it to work is using 0.497 and putting it in GAME330 folder with 1.50 kernel

this message is in reply to masc----did you make sure you got the 3.40 .prx not the 3.30 prx ? the video only supplies links to 3.30 .prx's

Default a

Quote Originally Posted by tigerjk1410 View Post
    i have 3.30 OE-A and i followed the video EXACTLY but in my psp only the old 0.3 version of mapthis shows up and not the 0.499 version.

any ideas?

the only way i am getting it to work is using 0.497 and putting it in GAME330 folder with 1.50 kernel
    maybe you downloaded the wrong mapthis on the video on youtube if you look at the description it supplies links to MapThis0499_beta.rar

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tigerjk1410 View Post

any ideas?

I had the same exact problem, but I figured what I did wrong. See if this works for you, put the mapviewer folders into another folder GAME340

so it should look like :/PSP/GAME340

i did this and it works fine for me

Anyways I just registered to say thanks for the tutorial, I have been working on this stupid thing for days!

so i need both prx files from 3.40 not 3.30?

and i should make a 3.40 game folder even if i have 3.30 OE-A?

or can i use 3.30 prx files but just make a 3.40 game folder and put it in there?

Quote Originally Posted by mhouse974 View Post
    maybe you downloaded the wrong mapthis on the video on youtube if you look at the description it supplies links to MapThis0499_beta.rar
    i'm pretty sure i downloaded the correct mapthis0499_beta.rar instead of the other 0499 file floating around here.

Default a1

Quote Originally Posted by PokeyFun View Post
    Anyways I just registered to say thanks for the tutorial, I have been working on this stupid thing for days!
    ahh no need to say thanks i had alot of trouble my-self putting the thing on my psp. The written tutorial on the dcemu website didnt mention anyhting about .prx's and it took me so long to figure out i need the .prx for my own firmware. I thought instead of other people struggling from the same problem i'd just make a video about it:thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by masc View Post
    Can someone please help me?
    I tried it on 3.40OE but the PSP will always crash when it try to initialize the USB - and yes i copied the two prx files into the Mapviewer folder. Without the two files it will just hang and show an error.

I do not have the PSP-290 right now, but i should get one next week. I just want to play a bit around before i get the module.

if your putting it on 3.40oe fw you cant use the .prx's supplied in the description of the youtube video you have to get the .prx's for 3.40 oe i dont know where to get it if i did i would tell you. Your best bet would be to search net

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information