Thread: Toporama tutorial for GMDL

Default Toporama tutorial for GMDL

Hi
    Deniska thanks a lot for the best PSP soft!
    Where can I find a tutorial for Canadian Toporama map download?
    Thanks.

DCEmu Regular

The video at http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!#Video_Manual should cover it.

You'll need to have MapCruncher installed for it to run start to end without doing anything manually.

Let me know if there are any problems (it's quite a flimsy setup at the moment).

I've tried to watch video but can not fix the problem with the screen size. I see only map and cannot see your action.
    So step by step:
    1. Install MapCrunsher done
    2. Click on Toporama
    3. Click on 800x800
    4. ?

DCEmu Regular

There was a problem in that it had MapCruncher 3.0.2 hard coded, so later versions didn't work, redownload:

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.17a.zip

Now with written instruction at:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_Thi...raphic_maps.29

Thanks, but after 800x800 and Yes
    I have this message box (GMDL4.17, M Cruncher 3.0.2):

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: startIndex

DCEmu Regular

Could you post the whole text of the error message (click Details on the error dialog) - it will have the line number reference for me to lookup.

Thanks for your help.
    I hope it'll help you and other GMDL users.
    By the way I liked the program, already downloaded Ottawa map and hybrid maps. Can provide them for you collection.
    I also liked your Algonquin toporama map.

So
    Line 5241?:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: startIndex
    at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.IndexOf(String source, String value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, CompareOptions options)
    at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.IndexOf(String source, String value, Int32 startIndex)
    at System.String.IndexOf(String value, Int32 startIndex)
    at GMDL.GMdl.Toporama800tiles_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\GMDL\GMdl.cs:line 5241
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

DCEmu Regular

I'm reasonably certain that it should be fixed now (it was one of the regional issues that are floating around in the code - I can replicate the error by setting Windows to French (Canadian)).

Try http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.17a.zip again, if it doesn't work it should at least have a more informative error, and let me know if it does.

Sharing maps is not a very good idea - that is very likely to be against Google/etc terms of service (the reason Toporama, USGS, NASA, etc. are shared is that they are public source maps which allow redistribution).

Yes!!!
    I've got it.
    Actually I don't know how you did it, because my Windows is Russian . but you did it!
    Congratualations and thanks a lot for your nice job. It was the fastest "customer service" I've ever had.
    So it works.
    Just one small note.
    my Map Crancher was installed on the disc E, so at first GMDL didn't find it untill I reinstalled it the Cruncher.
    Today I've cut my first Toporama map of the White lake and Madawaska lake region.
    Best regards.
    Denis

Thread Information