Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PHP script for routes, POI files in /PSP/COMMON

DCEmu Pro

Update: I've added user specified encoding. When you click Settings, you can indicate what encoding the POI file should get (default from Google is UTF-8). If characters cannot be recognized, they are replaced by question marks (?).

For Russian, you'd usually choose Windows-1251 (cp1251), for most European languages, you'd choose ISO-8859-1.

Make sure that MapThis also understands what these characters mean. See http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70091 for this.

DCEmu Newbie

Nieko, are you able to write a code that query geodata? because everytime i uses GMDL it gives me whole lot of problems even the directions option.

their direction waypoints are unlike yours which indicated midpoints, compared to them GMDL doesen't work on my maps.google.com page. i really hope they can admend them.

DCEmu Pro

jakekoh: I don't understand your question. Geodata is a database with streets, zip codes and city names in it. It doesn't have to do with POI directions through GMDL or my site.

DCEmu Pro

Update: I've added language settings for POI files. This can be found under Settings, and will return the actual directions ("go left", "u-turn", etc.) in one of the languages available.

You should then also update the sound list with settings for your language, and possibly the encoding as well.

Because MapThis doesn't properly show Unicode filenames (POI filename is based on destination address), you can also specify an alternative filename.

See http://getroute.nieko.net.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nieko View Post
    Update: I've added language settings for POI files. This can be found under Settings, and will return the actual directions ("go left", "u-turn", etc.) in one of the languages available.

You should then also update the sound list with settings for your language, and possibly the encoding as well.

Because MapThis doesn't properly show Unicode filenames (POI filename is based on destination address), you can also specify an alternative filename.

See http://getroute.nieko.net.
    Nice update with internacianalization.

Now would be perfect if change sounds text on textbox when onchage event of country combo :thumbup:. But this need colaboration too bory for one...

DCEmu Pro

Not only that, if you have a custom sound list (I have 27 entries already), then you can't automatically translate that. This will remain manual work for now.

DCEmu Newbie

what i meant was..

first GMDL was unable to extract the directions from maps.google.com even it is searchable in the frame.

2ndly GMDL beta geodata query once again is unable to query google.com for any data i input even with extreme low frequency that it requested.

DCEmu Pro

As for extracting routes, if that's what you want, you can always use http://getroute.nieko.net/.

As for Google geodata in GMDL, I found that it took way too long anyway (and it apparently blocks you after 10.000 queries or so) for any area of reasonable size. The Netherlands alone already have ~840.000 streets e.g.

As to why GMDL doesn't work, wouldn't know...

DCEmu Newbie

Seems like a while since the last person who posted here Nieko, but just wanted to say personally what a great job on the coding you have done! Works great.

DCEmu Pro

Thanks .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information