Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PHP script for routes, POI files in /PSP/COMMON

DCEmu Pro

Default PHP script for routes, POI files in /PSP/COMMON

Hi all

I found it quite annoying that the only way to place routes (POI files with WAYPOINT) in MapThis is by means of a PC (e.g. GMDL). I thus made a small script that basically does the same thing. You can find it at:
    http://getroute.nieko.net/
    (The source can be found at http://nieko.net/tools/getroute.phps.)

I know the algorithm for deciding what MIDPOINTs to take out looks rather random, but for me it seemed to work just fine If anyone has suggestions on how to improve this, then feel free to tell me!

The idea is that you can access this script using the PSP browser, and then save the file it returns to a folder in MapThis. Of course you still need a WiFi connection for this, but at least you do not need a PC anymore Unfortunately, the stupid PSP browser only wants to save in a few directories, including /PSP/COMMON.

I thus made a few alterations to the MapThis source:
    • _MY_POIS has been renamed to _#MY_POIS, so that it shows up at the top of the POI list.
    • POI files are read from /PSP/COMMON by default (this includes _#MY_POIS). These show up in the POI list in MapThis as "ms0:/PSP/COMMON/_<name>". The added benefit of this is that route files are now accessible in every map.
    • POI files are still also read from the map directory, as in the official version.
    • When showing POI files, it doesn't also show _#MY_POIS anymore.
    • Icons used in POI files are now always read from MapThis/system/icons.
    • The makefile has been slightly changed (removed BUILD_PRX=1), cause otherwise the thing wouldn't compile :P

In the attachment, you can find the patch for MapThis 0.497 beta, and the PSP-290 EBOOT with this functionality.

The patch should be applied in the src/ directory (where main.c, etc. are), and should be called using: cat mapthis-patch | patch -p1

Enjoy

DCEmu Newbie

I've just tried planning a route on it but using the standard Mapthis 0.499 eboot and I have to admit it's great. Once I get the psptoolchain working I'll have a go at compiling this and trying it on the psp, great work

DCEmu Newbie

This is really big if you can get it working 100% :P

DCEmu Pro

How do you mean, 100%? Is there something that doesn't work well?

DCEmu Newbie

I mean when it becomes a part of mapthis and when google.maps upgrade thier map to more countries it will be perfect :P

Problem is that here in Denmark google.map doesnt support street numbers
    So I cant really use your cool program Nieko

DCEmu Newbie

Nieko, is your site down or something?

DCEmu Pro

I'm having some server problems indeed. I'm on holiday now, but someone is currently going there to fix it.

DCEmu Regular

Nieko why did you release this for mapthis .97 and not .99 ? .99 has a lot more bugfixes.

DCEmu Pro

This script is not linked to any specific MapThis version, it can be used in all so far. Other than that, it's up again

The MapThis version I made (see New Code Contribution) is indeed based on 0.497, because I didn't like the sound in 0.499 much and didn't feel like stripping all that out.

We'll see what the 0.5 version will bring us, and how I can implement the changes I've made in 0.497 in 0.5 also

Anyway, I'm off again Bye!

DCEmu Newbie

yo got it, thanks. you doing a great help for us.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information