Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M3DS Simply Firmware 1.6 out

Default M3DS Simply Firmware 1.6 out

Firmware 1.6 is out and has pretty much the same updates as the new R4, Auto DLDI Patching, Fixes Save problems with new save type, and probably the biggest news

Phantom Hourglass now works

The download can be found here
    on their website.

I got this yesterday. someone made an R4 firmware converter for m3 ds simply. it is located here:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=53441
    this converts r4 firmware so you can use it on the m3 simply. works perfectly!!! w00t!!! now you can get the firmware a day early!

I've just recently purchased an M3 Simply DS preinstalled with software version 1.03 so I'm not sure: Is the built in Action Replay new for v1.06 or has it been around since previous updates?

Always upgrade to the latest firmware on these homebrew devices. There's always better features, and I'll love the auto-patching on this one

AR on the M3 came in 1.05

Here's an odd one. I had tried to flash my GBAMP v2 with Chism's firmware and screwed it up, when I would press the Right Most Icon from the M3 menu, it would goto boot off the GBAMP v2 then goto a white screen and hang.

I tried to boot the GBAMP v2 after I applied this new update to my M3 simply, and now it works again and I was able to go back and try to flash again with Chism's Firmware and all is well.

I can even boot off it with the old M3 firmware now, so I'd say this update is good on MANY levels!

Ok, this may seem like a noobish question, but how do you access the AR function?

I first got the v1.03 firmware with the CD, put it on the microSD and it worked fine.

I downloaded the v1.06 firmware and replaced the old _system_ and Menu.DAT files, but theres no sign of any accessibilty for the AR.

I'm probably doing something wrong which will be simple to fix. Any help provided is greatly appreciated

DCEmu Newbie

The new M3 DS Simply firmware does not fix the problem where you can't connect to your Wii from the DS if you try to copy or play Battle Revolution from the DS

What does auto patching mean? I don't think I do any patching now as it is...

They mean DLDI patching, for homebrew so that it can access the filesystem of your microSD card. Previously you'd have to use something like DLDIrc to patch with DLDI, but now you can just launch the .nds file and it will autopatch it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information