Thread: Nintendo shares continue climb

Default Nintendo shares continue climb

Kyoto, Japan-based Nintendo's shares, driven by the success of the DS and the Wii, closed up 1.4 percent today in Tokyo at 44,500 yen (approximately $360).

The latest growth in the share price now brings the Mario Factory's market capitalisation--the $#@!ulative value of its stock--to 6.30 trillion yen ($51 billion), reports Reuters. This takes it past Panasonic parent Matsushita Electric Industrial Co.'s 6.23 trillion yen ($50 billion) and has it closing in on Sony's 6.64 trillion yen ($54 billion).

Over the last two years, Sony's stock has gained 72 percent, outperforming the Nikkei's average of 59 percent. Nintendo shares have also jumped, some 300 percent over the same time period.

Analysts reacted to the news positively. KBC Securities analyst Hiroshi Kamide said, "Nintendo is a market leader in everything it does now, which is basically the handheld as well as the console gaming market. We haven't seen Nintendo being a market leader in both products in over a decade."

Ichiyoshi Investment Management chief fund manager Mitsushige Akino said, "I think Nintendo is bound to overtake Sony (in market capitalisation).

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6172790...wstop;title;13

The stocks marked is ununderstandable (I hope this word exists :P)! How a simple gaming business can be more valuable than the world biggest electronics manufacturer?

Of course it's good, but does Nintendo have another business, or only games? And then, I ask: where is EA? And, how can Sony, with Ericsson, Walkman, Vega and Cybershot be only $3 billion more valuable than Nintendo?

Take care, Wal-mart!!!

Of course, it all comes from revenue and projections. That's why there are so many game analysts. They predict they will earn more money from Nintendo then from the others, so, they buy it. I wish I could buy their shares here, from Brasil...

Thread Information