Thread: Supercard SD Firmware

Default Supercard SD Firmware

After I ran the updated firmware, all the built in emulators stopped working. No SMS, GG or NES. Have I installed the firmware wrong or is it just poor planning on Supercards part?

It appears to be a widespread issue. While some report that the built-in emulators work fine for them, others (like me) have experienced the same thing you have.

Bitblt (a mod at the official SC forums) is trying to contact romman to see if he has a comment.

In any case, since the built-in emulators might be slightly out of date, you could consider making your own compilations with the updated versions. At least with Goomba Color this is a good idea, as the updated version has lots to offer. To make your own compilation:
    1. Download the Alpha 6 package from http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3280
    2. Download the updated goomba.gba file from http://www.dwedit.org/dwedit_board/v...c.php?pid=1740
    3. Create a compilation using the instructions at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/Goomba
    4. Patch with the Supercard patcher and place it on your card.

Personally I use only the first "enable save" patching option and use the Quick Power Cycle method of saving, but I've heard that the button combo works as well as long as you patch it with that.

While it's not as convenient as using the built-in emulator, it gives you several fixes, including:
    1. No more color changing border
    2. Ability to use Super Gameboy palette #1 for GB games
    3. Ability to choose between SGB and GBC colors on a dual-mode cartridge that works with both
    4. Super Gameboy borders when available
    5. "Super Gameboy + GBC" mode in which the Super Gameboy border is present but the game appears with GBC colors. Doesn't work on all games though (with Link's Awakening for instance, you can only get the SGB border if you use the limited SGB colors).

Also note that if a game appears to be running too slowly, try changing the "GBC double speed" setting from Full to Timers. It was changed to Full so that some games would boot, but it sometimes makes other games slow down.

With the NES, there aren't too many differences between the built-in version and the latest one, but if you'd like to make your own compilation, get the latest pocketnes.gba file and the PocketNES Menu Maker program from pocketnes.org.

With SMS, you could try making your own compilations of either Dr. SMS or SMS Advance.

Thread Information