Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony confirms 145 PS3 games for US before March

ps3 Sony confirms 145 PS3 games for US before March

via Games Industry

Sony has promised PlayStation 3 owners that at least 145 titles are on the way to the US, which includes approximately 40 PSN titles and more than 105 boxed games.

The clarification follows Sony Computer Entertainment president Kaz Hirai's recent statement promising 380 titles within the fiscal year ending March 2008.

According to an SCEA spokesman, Hirai was citing international figures.

The number of first-party titles announced for fiscal 2007 stands at 15, including Heavenly Sword, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, LAIR, Little Big Planet, Eye of Judgment, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Third-party titles currently scheduled for fiscal 2007 include Coded Arms: Assault, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

DCEmu Newbie

meanwhile, the psp is still strugling for for sony´s atention

Blog Entries

i really dont think that this should matter to realy gamers. quality over quantity.

im actually lookin forward to home bein released!! that and MGS4

Blog Entries

im not saying that all them will be bad. im just saying that flaunting that you'll have 145 games by march is stupid. saying we'll have a set number of "great" games by march is different.

They did this announcement because they say the PS3 has not a good quantity and variety of games.
    Maybe that's true, but let's not forget that Sony is the only one of the three who hasn't taken the final step to the next-gen (that is abandoning PS2 to continue with the PS3). Both Microsoft and Nintendo have COMPLETELY abandoned Xbox and GameCube respectively, and that's why X360 and Wii have more games. Because many games that are released to the Wii and 360 are released on the PS2 instead of the PS3, for various reasons we already know (bored devs anyone? )
    Anyhow, I agree with Sony, PS3 is doing well. It's just that 360 is for one year now. As for the Wii, it's just that it's doing EXTREMELY well, rather that doing just well.
    Wii's approach is closer to that of the PS2. That is, not a hardware monster, but a software one (although Wii does not have the amount of games it should have had).
    Seems that all 3 companies changed their roles.

DCEmu Legend

Yes quality is important. But 105 titles that will reach store shelves in the next 9 months is rather, normal, I'd say.

Also one needs to look at the fact that these games will most definitely be spanned across the ESRB's rating scale. With 3 of the ratings being most commonly seen (Everyone, Teen and Mature) thats 35 games per rating assuming equal distribution.

If that is the case (which it probably is not, but argument's sake lets assume it is) thats only 35 games per user's rating preference. That quantity isn't too great to see a substantial reduction in quality.

Also, look at the Xbox360, which has approximately 300 games per this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

47 of which have a TBA release date. So thats 253 games out in the span 1 year and 7 months.

A goal of 105 boxed titles for March 08 is not such a big deal after all.

Added:

Thats about 14 games per month. In a 9 month period thats 126 games...

PS3 dont need many games i dont think ... coz think about it ... blu-ray = 2 make it like 4x bigger ... so u got it 4x more longer nd more content

i think sony is great by havin ps3 out and using psp at the same time

psn titles sound good "want to see more psone titles come out"because i want a ps3 and want to buy the psone games i don't have that i downloaded instead
    -ff7-9 tactics
    -maybe having japanese games that never came out to america "sony could even have the guys who patch the roms in english do it for cash!!!"
    -star ocean1-2
    -pocket station on psp "since both psp and pocket station have ir links we could play chocobo world against someone" so i would be psp vs pocket Station and psp vs psp because psone games had pocket station games on some of the disc

plus in my opinon i just think $7.00 for a nes game is a rip off but $5.00 for psone games is reasonable i mean i can pick up an actual nes game for less than a dollor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information