Apple's new iOS 7 operating system has been alive for a week and has had more than 200m downloads, but it's getting mixed reviews…
Apple unveiled iOS 7 back in June, at which time it was described as 'the most significant iOS update since the original iPhone'.
Considering the original iPhone is hailed as the reason the smartphone and app market exists as it does today, it's fair to sale the aforementioned claim is a bold one.
Three months on and iOS 7 was introduced to the public on Wednesday 17th September, and achieved more than 200 million downloads in five days, but it's had a mixed bag of feedback from users.
I rallied some of my iOS 7-wielding colleagues – aged between 20 and 50 – who have upgraded their iPhones/iPads to find out how they feel about the new software.
Check out 20 excellent responses below.

1. It's $#@!

2. I think the icons look childish now
3. Little slower and lock-screen music controls don't seem to work. Looks nice and has some neat features, though.
4. iOS7 is almost like a patronising introduction to iOS, simplifying it to such a degree that I'd feel more tech-savvy using a cup on a string.
5. It borked my iPad 2. Everything is now slowwwwwwwww.
6. For the first few days I thought it looked childish compared to the previous incarnation. Now I've got used to it, it works well and is easy to use. I am finding some of the apps a little slower though, especially Facebook. I can see why they have done this. It will suit the new iPhone 5c very well.
7. I have an iPhone 3G and I can't get ios7 apparently… I am a person that isn't bothered about technology and thus always 'inherit' mobile handsets from my brother or friends when they upgrade. I am already having a problem with the Facebook for iPhone app that won't load now so I have reported the bug to Facebook…
I assume further problems will ensue due to my inability to have an ios7 update. On a regular basis I would like to throw my iPhone out of the window anyway and hanker back to life before with my skinny, clapped out Samsung D900… a bit. I am a 27-year-old single, professional female with no children and no cats (yet).
8. Pros – Massive improvements to calendar, more ringtone and alarm settings, clearer layout of emails
Cons – Some apps not compatible (more the devs fault, some previous iOS backgrounds not compatible

9. * It looks too similar to a Microsoft phone
* Camera quality doesn't seem as great for some reason.
* Also the deleting actions on e-mails have now changed so you have to swipe the opposite way.
* On a plus side I guess it looks fresher.

10. It’s too bright and white it looks a bit toy like! Also it’s slower and battery life drains even quicker!
11. The flat look is appealing, but I don’t think I’ve been educated enough about all the new effects ios7 has to offer.. And stop deciding how to file my photos for me!
12. Safari Navigation is less instantly intuitive. Calendar similarly so. Wild colour scheme seems garish, but these will subside with time probably.
13. I have iOS7 on an iPad mini.
* Turned off the parallax effect (motion of the background pic behind icons) as it makes me feel wobbly.
* I love the 'Cloud' based music & movie listening/watching ability
* Calendar is now easier to deal with
* No iTunes Radio player in UK yet on iOS7 devices
* Not going to update the iPhone 4s until much later in the year – just incase.

14. I really like it, it’s nice to look at easy to use (even though people keep complaining about it)
15. Control centre is a nice and useful addition. Really like the feeling of depth created by layering the background, apps and their subsequent windows. Not sure I like the new layout when you double-tap the home button.
16. My upgrade fatigue has reached terminal condition. I just can't be bothered to care anymore. At the point where you could give me a chunk of cardboard with Hello Kitty stickers on it and it wouldn't phase me.
17. It looks, nice, but the days of me being excited by OS updates have long since passed. Plus app swapping/closing seems somehow more fiddly.
18. Done the iPad to iOS7 – it does actually look closer to Hello Kitty now. Perhaps a ‘classic’ icon option would have been nice, but there you go – you gets what mamma Apple gives ya.
19. Not happy about Apple forcefully changing my folder colours to reflect the colours used in my background image.
20. Basically, iOS7 sucks arse!

http://www.mobile-ent.biz/news/read/...-s-$#@!/022451