Thread: yet another pokemon remake (YAPR) release

Default yet another pokemon remake (YAPR) release

well here's the thing. I have been working on this game since sometime in April and i have finally decided to release it or at least part of what i hope it becomes. As the title implies it is another pokemon remake, but unlike the others that have been made i have put a huge amount of time into making a fully functional battle system, which is really nice although still somewhat glitchy. Besides the battle system this demo version also has a realistic level up system....well enough of that kinda stuff now on with the cool stuff like pictures

hopefully these pictures came out right... oh yeah in case i forgot to mention there is also going to be 16 different starting pokemon. and one more thing, the controls in the game are kinda awkward besides up,down,left,right the main button is R and the back/start button is L i know it's weird but it works... so without further ado i give you the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/38444678/pokemon.zip.html
    well i hope the game works for you guys...
    i also made a computer version of this if anyone wants to try it all you need to do for this version is extract the main folder and go to where it says "double click here" and the main button is "W" and the back/start is "Q" you can download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PL0TDPRR

Pics don't work, repost them with correct links.
    (Use the insert link or embed button.)

Anyways, I'm dling it.

Hm, it looks pretty good.
    The sprites are too small, and it's quite glitchy, but It'll be great once it's developed some more.

I can walk on top of houses and over all the pokemon, I can' figure out how to get one!

lol, sorry about that i guess it requires a little more explanation...to get a pokemon you have to push the main button over at OAK

Yeah, I finally figured out I have to use R and L. The battle system is pretty good. It'd be great with a different font, and I know it's tough, but battle animations would be awesome!

recently i have been working on the next town, and i'm also getting a lot of help on a storyline from a friend so hopefully i can mange to get an updated version sometime in the next few days...please help me out by telling me what needs to be improved on

Thread Information