Thread: CSP Development Studio Version 2.1 -- Includes LUA and Plugins Support! --

Blog Entries

psp CSP Development Studio Version 2.1 -- Includes LUA and Plugins Support! --

News/release from ManiacX:

Changelog

Added support for LUA files
    Added Plugin support (for people making their own plugins!)
    Fixed bug in setup of environment variables
    Yes, it is a small changelog, but some huge changes there.

BUG ALERT: There is a known bug: you must close the start page and the makefile creator in order for the plugins to work. I am still trying to find a work-around.

Notes

Yes, support for lua files! Includes lua player and all!

Added plugin support - people can write and share plugins in a DLL format! Makeable in VB.NET, C# and C++ .NET!

Download

www.pspsc.com/csp/update21.zip

Install Information

Extract all files into your CSP install directory, overwriting all duplicates.

Creating Plugins

Creating plugins is actually quite simple. I have made a sample one for you to see how it works.

(VB.NET)

The sample plugin just converts all the text in the doccument to lower case.

You might have to re-reference the PluginManager.dll into the project. If you don't know how to do that, just google "vb.net reference dll" and you should get a valid result.

On a last note, please release all plugins you make so that other people can benefit from it too.

Download Above
    via maniacx

this could deffinantly make things easyer, im going to check it out

I downloaded version 2.0 of this program and I must say that I was very impressed.

I started programming in LUA because I couldn't get cygwin to install the PSP toolchain properly on my PC, and since I couldn't format into Linux since I share the computer with my girlfriend, I was stuck with LUA.

This program removes the need to install cygwin or linux. It comes with everything you need and automatically does all the building for you. You just have to code and click "make eboot."

The code editor is also very nice as it tracks your braces and helps you to remember to close all of your functions.

This is a great coding environment for PSP on Windows. If you were avoiding programming for PSP because you dread trying to trick your windows installation into thinking it can actually use linux commands, your day of programming has come.

Yes, it does seem to be built on top of cygwin, but as long as I don't have to deal with the damn command line ( I graduated from DOS and command lines after 5.0, 6.0, and finally 6.2 ), I'm a happy camper.

Command lines aren't cool, l33t, professional, or for advanced users. They're the slow dinosaurs of a time best forgotten.

Thanks ManiacX! You're doing a tremendous service to the PSP scene!

Great! I didnt know this existed. Trying to install Cygwin was a real mother and when I finally did install and make my first eboot, mysteriously I could make eboot no more. Excitement is pouring out of me!

Thread Information