Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: v3.50 PSP downgraded in China (with video)

1 other thing if this store is charging to do it, tell me were to send it and i will UPS mine and my brothers to them, we both want our emulators to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyberjock View Post
    Once it is all updated, he restarts the PSP and it is downgraded to 2.71. Most softdowns are to 1.50. No one really downgrades to 2.71 do they? 2.71 still requires some slightly tricky steps to get it to a custom firmware. If he was truly doing something in the realm of standard homebrew he wouldn't go to 2.71 and he wouldn't take the battery back out as soon as he booted some non-existent homebrew checklist.
    if memory serves me right, if u try directly downgradin a TA-082+ board to 1.5 BRICK!!!!! u still need to go to 2.71 and use the generic downgrade that bypasses the 1.5 check and stops it brickin! thus why hes goes to 2.71, we no the 2.71 downgrader works, i rest my case!!

DCEmu Rookie

Before there was a working 2.0 to 1.5 downgrader a group called WAB managed to scam people into sending them money for development of a downgrader over a bunch of videos they posted online. DO NOT TRUST A VIDEO THAT COULD EASILY BE FAKED, WAIT FOR SOME ACTUAL RESULTS.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Psyberjock View Post
    I would have to say that he did use the official battery. Notice how he removes the battery door, puts in a memory stick, then quickly puts a battery into the PSP. Then when he starts it it begins some sort of checklist, which he is reluctant to show clearly.

Once it is all updated, he restarts the PSP and it is downgraded to 2.71. Most softdowns are to 1.50. No one really downgrades to 2.71 do they? 2.71 still requires some slightly tricky steps to get it to a custom firmware. If he was truly doing something in the realm of standard homebrew he wouldn't go to 2.71 and he wouldn't take the battery back out as soon as he booted some non-existent homebrew checklist.

These guys probably just shot themselves in the foot. Sony won't take kindly to having an official restore battery being used in such a way. If they truely had a homebrew version of the battery then they'd be safe, but considering it's China, I bet it's a stolen official one. But at the same time, it is China, I wonder what Sony can do?
    it's not tricky to downgrade 2.71, it's the easyest fw to downgrade, I personaly think. but don't misunderstand me,, I get your point, why not all the way down?

Who cares. We'll have the Lumines exploit soon enough and all theese bogus "downgraders" will be forgotten

i smell a fake video

Quote Originally Posted by pibster View Post
    nobody said it was a new psp.... might be refurbished or something its just a shop making money downgrading psp's sounds pretty reasonable.Knowing the huge black market over there the battery was most likely stolen.
    I was going to write that, so yeah, good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Line View Post
    i smell a fake video
    Your a nintendo Wii user , your input has no validity

Heh I don't think Communist Red will like this, even if that is the battery how will it help users downgrade when its not available for public use.

Quote Originally Posted by tvrstl View Post
    it's not tricky to downgrade 2.71, it's the easyest fw to downgrade, I personaly think. but don't misunderstand me,, I get your point, why not all the way down?
    because of the IDStorage problems that T0-82 and above motherboards have, remember that all the normal downgraders to 1.5 used to brick those motherboards!

the 0-79 boards wouldnt have that problem but its better safe than sorry!!
    also if its actucally official it mabey the SFRK was the one for 2.71 (just an idea)

peace

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information