Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: v3.50 PSP downgraded in China (with video)

is there something to fix the idstorage from ta82

I dont understand what they mean by Official unbricking battery, A bettery is a means to store power, nothing more, how could you have a data file on it?

As for the downgrade im sure it could be true, the chinese are always the forerunners of the hacking front. so it wouldn't surprise me.

This seems very real, cause he uses the battery to start the process

I'm with blaz3d this must be a restore kit from back when 2.71 was out and wasn't downgradable

Quote Originally Posted by jonezybaby View Post
    if memory serves me right, if u try directly downgradin a TA-082+ board to 1.5 BRICK!!!!! u still need to go to 2.71 and use the generic downgrade that bypasses the 1.5 check and stops it brickin! thus why hes goes to 2.71, we no the 2.71 downgrader works, i rest my case!!
    I donīt think so since the jigkick battery was supposedly made for unbricking, it would be very lame to have an unbricking kit that bricks your psp again (LOL)

...yeah of course it's stolen, and I think we are going to see a downgrader from lumines exploit before we can see clone batteries on the market

Quote Originally Posted by grantlionheart View Post
    I dont understand what they mean by Official unbricking battery, A bettery is a means to store power, nothing more, how could you have a data file on it?
    As I see, maybe you have a life and havenīt been around lately (no offense, to anyone else, especially me).

This rumor of an unbricking battery has been around quite some time, and some say it's possible since the battery that comes with your psp has some sort of circuit board (so maybe this jigkick battery has some special board, that access the psp through the third pin)

Lets eliminate some things here with one possible fact and one truth.

#1 - IF you look VERY VERY closely in the video you actually see a ASCII art of "OK" on the PSP screen once he is done.

#2 - Why go to 2.71 ? Because as others have said. thats the firmware this battery did! Think about it, why would we have a PSP battery with 3.50 in circulation? We'd have to have people inside Sony itself to do that. This is something thats eventually wormed its way out.

there was a final thing I was gonna add but I cannot remmeber it now.

Why does this look dodgy,

1. He pulles out a "brand new PSP" with firmware 3.50
    2. The battery is full! eh?
    3. Its in a shop... Isnt that illegal?
    4. Magic... the psp turns its self off before he gets to put the "downgrade" battery in, and he doesnt go anywere near the power switch.
    5. BSOD, Were is it? this happens from flash"s basically getting confuzzled.

There is 5 perfectly good answers there, but i still belive this is not fake!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_jmg View Post

I donīt think so since the jigkick battery was supposedly made for unbricking, it would be very lame to have an unbricking kit that bricks your psp again (LOL)
    The Ta-082 mobos were made so that they can't run any fw below 2.5. Since this jigkick was only to be used by sony to recover bricked psps and to update them to the current official firmware and not for downgrading, then it makes sense why he would downgrade to 2.71.
    Therefore, it would in theory brick ta-082 psp if you tried to go back to 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by pt9087 View Post
    Why does this look dodgy,

1. He pulles out a "brand new PSP" with firmware 3.50

2. The battery is full! eh?
    1: it could've been used.... we dont know if its brand new... he didnt exactly take it out of the box during the video... alll we saw was the foam that holds the actual unit itself

2: when i bought ma 1st psp, the battery was full so if it is "brand new" then it could've had a brand new charged battery

i think that this video is valid and hopefully, what is shown in it can be replicated for future use in the homebrew community... anyways, i need this for my old ta-09 bricked mobo

1. not brand new, maybe packed back by user
    2. battery is not full, is not even inside, right away he puts the AC adapter (that's why the light is green) (other parts, jigkick full)
    3. Yes it is
    4. unbricking battery is inside just a little bit to boot then AC adapter is still plugged in
    5. BSOD? (don't know WTF stands for)

1. not brand new, maybe packed back by user
    2. battery is not full, is not even inside, right away he puts the AC adapter (that's why the light is green) (other parts, jigkick full)
    3. Yes it is
    4. unbricking battery is inside just a little bit to boot then AC adapter is still plugged in
    i agree 100%

Blue Screen Of Death.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information