Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: v3.50 PSP downgraded in China (with video)

evolve, please stop posting rumors in the News section. Everyone hates rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by pt9087 View Post
    Blue Screen Of Death.
    ups my bad,

but also it wouldn´t have the blue screen since you´re not downgrading, you´re unbricking.

well unbricking a non bricked psp, sort of like when you format your cpu and re-install operative sistem, like you had XP and then put win98

Admins - PLEASE REMOVE THE VIDEO! Thanks

ok people this has to be a hoax
    1. The unit is definatly a used or refurb, because of 3.50
    2. Why if it is being done in china is the psp set to english language(maybe they did it for the video but i doubt it)
    3. Why would they risk being sued by Sony by posting the video, its not like Sony couldnt track down the source of the sender.

Quote Originally Posted by ~~roach~~ View Post
    ok people this has to be a hoax
    1. The unit is definatly a used or refurb, because of 3.50
    2. Why if it is being done in china is the psp set to english language(maybe they did it for the video but i doubt it)
    3. Why would they risk being sued by Sony by posting the video, its not like Sony couldnt track down the source of the sender.
    1. Assuming this is a store that downgrades existing firmware, of course it is used. Someone probably brought it in or mailed it in to have it downgraded. Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with a little showmanship when advertising a service. Commercials on TV do that all the time.

2. People speak English all over the world. Especially in Hong Kong, a former British colony and arguably the most modern city in China.

3. I wondered this myself, but I guess it's because Sony can't really do anything other than ask China to punish the people doing this, but given China's stance on copyright laws, nothing is likely to happen.

The PSP was designed to be unbricked. That's why you can send your PSP to Sony and have it fixed if you brick it. I don't see why someone using the PSP as it was designed to be used is a hoax.

Obviously I've come to the conclusion that this is indeed a stolen Sony firmware installing kit.

Maybe the video was Fanjita using the new 3.50 downgrader, before it was released, and was slightly different...

Quote Originally Posted by Psyberjock View Post
    Obviously I've come to the conclusion that this is indeed a stolen Sony firmware installing kit.

Quoted for truth

this is good! but it is super annoying that the video autostarts everytime i visit dcemu

DCEmu Regular

Still cant decide wether this is legit or not.

DCEmu Newbie

Thumbs up I believe

Actually I have been living for more than 1.5 years now in china, In Guangdong province, at 1.5 hours from Shenzhen, and another hour/ 2 hours distance to Hong Kong Downtown.

In both cities I have visited all the electronic areas; and even I prefer Hong Kong for being more secure; in both places you can find a lot of NEW gadgets for the PSP and also a lot of fakes, tricks and other stuff is forbiden to talk about here, but you get the idea. I do not want to minish the great work of people in Europe and America trying to come with new software, downgraders, etc.... but here people get access to a lot of information (schematics and parts as well) sometimes out of the correct channels; and therefore are able to either use that, copy it and/or make their own versions. I got a nice replacement battery for the PSP with Double capacity; and the 4Gb harddrive for PSP since last year. Both products are not SONY's products, but work very well.

Somebody mentioned on the thread that the store seems to be a Videogames store. well, actually this is the perfect place to find whatever you are looking for your games stuff; and in one of those stores I got a used PSP for the price of 100 Dollars, with frimware 3.03-c and recently even they gave me an upgrade to 3.30-oe for free ....

Next time I go to Hong Kong I will talk to my "supplier" and try to find out more information about this and to see if they will try to start selling or not the baterry to the public in general or to some "selected" customers ......

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information