Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MapThis499 or GPSTest for PSP -290 works on other PSPs but not mine!?

DCEmu Newbie

Default MapThis499 or GPSTest for PSP -290 works on other PSPs but not mine!?

I just got my PSP-290 yesterday and I'm unable to make it detect it on my PSP.

I know I got all the files correctly because it worked on 3 other PSPs (Pink JP PSP with 3.30OE-A', 2 Black US PSPs with 3.40-OE-A) with the same PSP-290 and Pro Duo.

GPS State has not gone past 0 but on the other units it only took 3 secs to get to GPS State=3 on GPS Test.

I already tried several version combinations of usbacc.prx/usbgps.prx on 3.30 OE-A and 3.40 OE-A with no luck.

Settings are the same with other units as far as Kernel mode (I tried 1.5/3.30/3.40).

I tried cleaning the contacts of my psp's usb connection with no success.

I've basically run out of things to try.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Great app BTW, Deniska!!!

DCEmu Newbie

i also tried running chilly willy's key cleaner as i read somewhere to try it and obviously didn't work for my case.

DCEmu Newbie

What happens when you use the testing program? I have mine in the game folder, what version of the firmware is on this psp?

DCEmu Newbie

the test app runs under PSP\GAME330\GPSTEST ON 3.30 OE-A and PSP\GAME340\GPSTEST on 3.40 OE-A on other PSPs but not mine. I tried the PSP\GAME\ and PSP\GAME150 folder also with same results.

So far, I tested it on 3.30OE-A and 3.40OE-A on my problematic PSP.

DCEmu Newbie

are you using devhook? or you upgraded the firmware?

what happens when you try to run the mapviewer? you said it doesn't work but were not very specific as to when it fails, and what it does when it fails.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm using an upgraded FW.

mapviewer run and so is the GPSTest but when it doesn't seem like I'm detecting the GPS device/PSP-290.

It looks like my issue is a harware related one isolated to my PSP. I'm wondering if anyone had the same issue?

Your little USB thing on the top could be dirty, my psp wouldnt connect to my laptop, and i scraped a hole bunch of stuff out of it and it worked, even if it doesnt look dirty, take a thin paperclip, and sc$#@! it out, mine didnt look dirty, but it was.

DCEmu Newbie

PROBLEM FIXED!!

read this thread!
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=44318

It was the Chilly Willy Key's Cleaner that did the trick. I initially used it wrong the first time.

The issue is that the id storage/usbhostfs is get messed up when downgrading TA-082. I never encountered any issues before related to this so if you're haveing issues trying to get a GPS STATE > 0 && MoBo == TA-082|TA-086 then this solution will work for you.

You will defintely need a working PSP to dump keys from (0x0043.bin) to fix your broken PSP. Using the same MemStick where Key Cleaner and keys were dumped, run Key cleaner on bad PSP, select the "key" folder after selecting "fix keys" from Key Cleaner, Voila - usbhostfs fixed! as usual there may be a chance on bricking your psp as the warning states on the key cleaner. just make sure you're all plugged in and 75%>battery.

props to
    Deniska, Stapol, Mathieulh, Jas0nuk, TheUniqueWarrior and of course Dark Alex and everyone else who provides us with homebrew apps

DCEmu Newbie

hum... I think I have the same problem...

do you think I can ask any friend with a TA-71/79 (and CF 3.xx) to dump his keys and send it to me, then copy them to my memorystick and restore mine ?

Edit: I just used Flash1 Formatter V2 and the test program started working again (sees satelites but can't fix, most likely because of the weather)
    but mapthis is still freezing after 2secs...

Edit2:I used the keys of a friend and all got changed but the 8th key "no key (code 0x80000025)" (how Ian I supposed to change that ?
    Mapthis is still freezing on me :\

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by _Shin_ View Post
    hum... I think I have the same problem...

do you think I can ask any friend with a TA-71/79 (and CF 3.xx) to dump his keys and send it to me, then copy them to my memorystick and restore mine ?

Edit: I just used Flash1 Formatter V2 and the test program started working again (sees satelites but can't fix, most likely because of the weather)
    but mapthis is still freezing after 2secs...

Edit2:I used the keys of a friend and all got changed but the 8th key "no key (code 0x80000025)" (how Ian I supposed to change that ?
    Mapthis is still freezing on me :\
    no key 25 is normal I think, also by what you are saying sounds like you are working fine.... just need to do this..

go outside....... away from obstructions!!

set it down..

press SQUARE

wait 10 minutes.... see if it locks on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information