PC vendor HP has revealed a new range of business notebooks today including Ultrabooks "designed to fit the needs of any business user or IT budget".
The HP EliteBook 800 series (pictured, which includes the HP EliteBook 820 G1, HP EliteBook 840 G1 and HP EliteBook 850 G1), is up to 40 per cent thinner and 28 per cent lighter than previous generations, with up to 33 hours of battery life.
The HP ProBook 600 series (640 G1, 650 G1, 645 G1 and 655 G1) features a raft of business technologies and legacy features, including HD displays and several connectivity options. These feature the speed of the latest fourth generation Intel Core i3/i5/i7 processors.
The HP ProBook 400 series now includes two notebooks (ProBook 450 G1 and the HP ProBook 470 G1).
HP's Spectre x2 Pro also features the fourth generation Intel Core i3/i5 processors, and boasts "the convenience of a tablet" thanks to a detachable touchscreen and mechanical hinge.
In terms of services, HP Sure Start (available on HP EliteBooks) automatically restores compromised systems like those affected from BIOS attacks, while HP Mobile Connect is a pre-paid mobile broadband service integrated into certain HP ProBook and EliteBook notebooks, as well as the ElitePad 900. The latter has a Security Smart Jacket which ensures secure logins for corporate networks.
“IT decision makers today are faced with history’s most diverse and technically savvy workforce, and their demands for devices that reflect personal style and productivity preferences present a unique business challenge,” said Kobi Elbaz, vice president, Commercial Personal Systems, Printing and Personal Systems Group, HP EMEA.
“HP is leading the transformation of the workplace with innovative and mobile business PCs designed for style, but built for security and reliability.”
HP notebook prices and release dates

• The HP EliteBook 800 and HP ProBook 400 series are available now (prices start at £899 and £283 respectively)
  • The HP ProBook 600 series will be available from mid-November (prices start at €499)
  • The HP Spectre x2 Pro will be available from November (prices start at €999)
  • The HP Security Jacket for the HP ElitePad is expected to be available from November (prices start at €279 with an integrated smart card reader and €499 with an optional fingerprint reader)

http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/...e-dates/032059