Thread: Another one - GPS State = OFF

DCEmu Newbie

Default Another one - GPS State = OFF

Hello all,
    i got my PSP-290 today and i faced one problem. It seems my PSP can not establish any connection to any satelite. GPS State is always OFF according MapThis!.

So what i've got:
    PSP 3.40OE-A (TA-79, hope the number is correct - not quite sure but it's definitely not TA-82 or newer).
    MapThis0499_beta (+1.50 EBOOT)
    mapViewer_v03
    3.40 prx's
    PSP-290

I read on the internet that i do not need to fix the keys because i do not have a TA-82 motherboard.
    I also tried the GPS Testtool but it does not work, it wants me to connect the serial cable which i do not have.

So has anyone an idea what's going on here?

DCEmu Newbie

Hello again

Today i played a bit more with my PSP and i at least i know that my PSP290 is working.

I downloaded the PSP290TEST, took the prx's from 3.40OE-A und changed kernel to 3.40. After few seconds it found 3 satelites so basically no problem with reception and/or my PSP.

Then i tried to start MapThis with 3.40 kernel and it crashes with 'game could not be started' and some hexcode.
    I changed the kernel to 1.50, started MapThis once again but the GPS State won't change (and yes i pressed the square button).

DCEmu Newbie

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This%21

Go to the link above and read the part about obtaining the .prx files for your firmware version.

I had a problem with my 3.40, but I fixed it when I added the folder game340 to the PSP folder in the psp, I don't know if this was a fix action but it worked.

Also make sure you have the right eboot for your firmware. Download the latest mapthis. That's what I would do.

Also try the psp outside. I had an issue in my computer room, for some reason, I get no reception there, too much interference I guess.

Glass

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the answer.
    I'm using the the correct USB .prx files and i tried running mapthis from the GAME340 folder but it won't change the GPS State.

But now i saw something weird. I took the EBOOT.PBP from mapthis0498 and replaced the one from mapthis0499. Now it's working perfect...

I changed it back -> not working again

Well i think i will use 0498 until deniska is going to release 0500.

DCEmu Newbie

I run mine from the GAME folder.... seems to work best for me, on 3.10

Thread Information