Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England Smoking Ban Tommorow At 6am, Whats Your Views?

Home/News England Smoking Ban Tommorow At 6am, Whats Your Views?

From 1st July 2007, virtually all enclosed public places and workplaces in England will become smokefree.

Whats your views on this ban and what do you think is best? I'd like to point out im a non smoker and i defintly agree with this ban!

http://www.smokefreeengland.co.uk/

i agree too and if you want to smoke its fine just not near me

I'm not in the UK, but smoking indoors in public places has already mostly been banned in the US and I strongly support that decision.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n 1time View Post
    I'm not in the UK, but smoking indoors in public places has already mostly been banned in the US and I strongly support that decision.
    i agree, i hope th U.S. does this also!

yea its not only disgusting but it causes harm too. I hope a ban like this goes into effect in the U.S like the rest of u said.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mat_dizzy View Post
    From 1st July 2007, virtually all enclosed public places and workplaces in England will become smokefree.

Whats your views on this ban and what do you think is best? I'd like to point out im a non smoker and i defintly agree with this ban!

http://www.smokefreeengland.co.uk/
    I think the smoking ban will be a good thing because in some pubs/bars/restaurants they have smoking areas which don't do them places any good, one place I goto with my girlfriend when I go and see her has a smoking area which you have to "walk through" just to get to the non-smoking area which is possibly the worst thing I have ever seen in a bar/restaurant as to get through there without breathing in any smoke is to not breathe until your past that area (it's a big area - takes over a minute to get through when the place is busy). Good thing the smoking ban is nationwide, I can go out from time to time without having to worry about breathing secondhand smoke.

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah, fair point but its still a personal choice. Don't you think the government is pushing 'The Nanny State' thing a bit far? Look at the BBFC and Manhunt. There are a lot of smokers and it might just be my circle of friends but a strong majority of people I saw in pubs and clubs were partial to a f ag (no giggling, Americans). I dunno, it just seems a bit offish. How long before booze is banned? That kills pretty indiscriminatley. But I'm a smoker. I would say that.

I don't mind laws banning smoking from say, public parks or government buildings, but I disagree with any laws that take the choice out of the hands of private business owners. Why should the govt get to choose whether the customers smoke in my bar? As for the guy above complaining about just this thing, here's the thing. If the owner of the bar didn't want smoking in his bar, he'd stop it himself. If you don't like the smoking, go to another pub. I mean, this stuff is getting out of hand already. Did you know there's already a motion in the works in the UK to ban all long sharp pointed kitchen knives? This is because since all guns are banned, now these are the main implement used in unplanned attacks of "passion". Next, you're gonna hear about them banning rocks and sticks. I mean, when does it end? Keep the government out of private establishments and homes.

It killed the bingo hall in my town, i think that smoking in public places shouldnt be banned, but private establishments should be able to decide, as in the case of the bingo hall, they lost almost 3/4 of the people, and i think its closing down, and my grandma loves her dam bingo, so F**k the government, i like to smoke at my friends house, smoke rings just dont work outside!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Man View Post
    It killed the bingo hall in my town, i think that smoking in public places shouldnt be banned, but private establishments should be able to decide, as in the case of the bingo hall, they lost almost 3/4 of the people, and i think its closing down, and my grandma loves her dam bingo, so F**k the government, i like to smoke at my friends house, smoke rings just dont work outside!
    It shouldn't of killed the Bingo hall in your town, couldn't the people go outside and smoke if they wanted to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information