Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTA1, GTA2 and GTA London on PSP

DCEmu Newbie

Default GTA1, GTA2 and GTA London on PSP

With all the homebrews, ports and emulators out there. What is the best way to play the old top-down GTA games on my PSP?

using dark alex's custom firmware that has sonys official ps1 emulator

heres the link to the dcemu guide to do so
    http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/dcemu-of...mes-47121.html

Yeah, you're really stuck to the PS1 ports that were never that great (the PS1 had pretty poor 2d performance).

Although DMA/rockstar have released the windows binaries and all game data for free use, they haven't released the source code so a direct port to the PSP cannot be made.

Or you can play the Game Boy Color versions of GTA1 and GTA2 and GTA Advance for Game Boy Advance via emulators

DCEmu Newbie

the gameboy onces are totally diff games, and the ps1 didnt have bad 2d (n64 did) it had bad 3d. get ur facts straight morons.

DCEmu Newbie

I got the GTA2 for PS1. It's great on PSP.
    Just like the PC-version. I just wish there were a Save State function.

I never liked the GBA-version

By the way... strangler. Your message was the least contributiong in this thread. NO need to call people morons.

Strangler: Actually, if you were old enough at the time of the release and early years of the PS1 you would be well aware that it was widely recognized that although the PS1 became the system to own, its 2d performance was greatly inferior to that of the saturn, the console it wiped the floor with.

The saturn was released around 5/95, the ps1 9/95 and the 64 not till 9/96. The saturn had little and strange 3d hardware, it became known as a really good system for 2d titles.

The ps1 had some (not so great) 3d acceleration that devs got very good at programming for and at the time to many young gamers 'if it wasn't 3d it just wasn't next gen'. It's 2d performance was not up to par with the Saturn.

I agree the 64 could not do great 2d, this was largely due to the limits on texture size that didn't allow for the nicest looking 2d games using its 3d hardware. Games like yoshi's island with a cartoon like look didn't come out too bad.

So:

1) I didnt say it had poor 2d performance relative to the 64 or anything else. Just that (for its time) it had poor 2d performance.
    Compare the PS1 version of gta2 to the PC (I believe it was a glide version on my voodoo2, which a true port to the PSP could easily match) if you want a relative comparison when saying it the PS1 versions were not so great.

2) Get your facts straight. Moron.

3) Relax, take things less seriously and take it easy with the uncalled for insults.

DCEmu Newbie

not really, saturn had hardly any good games or games in generals and hardly any 2d games besides fighting games. Infact why did they start making ff7 for the nieche ps1 at the time isntead of making it for the saturn? and anyway ook at n64 2d games like myschief makers, yoshis story or kirby, they all sucked major balls so the n64 is the system that really sucked for 2d.

Large well animated sprites with fluid motion.
    2d fighting games are quite a good indicator of its 2d performance I think. That and it is known to this day as a great 2d system.

The PS1 had hardware video decoding hence could do better FMV than the Saturn which the FF games seemed to really jump on (i've never been a fan of the series). The industry standard triangle basis for 3d construction would have been nice also.

You're still missing the point I never compared the ps1 to the 64 yet you felt your intellectual superiority must be gloated by calling me a moron.

Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangler View Post
    not really, saturn had hardly any good games or games in generals and hardly any 2d games besides fighting games. Infact why did they start making ff7 for the nieche ps1 at the time isntead of making it for the saturn? and anyway ook at n64 2d games like myschief makers, yoshis story or kirby, they all sucked major balls so the n64 is the system that really sucked for 2d.
    lol n00b. You forgot Nights, Sakura Taisen, Virtua Fighter, Daytona USA, Galactic Attack, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Virtua Cop, Grandia, Doom, Dead or Alive, Resident Evil, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, Quake, Panzer Dragoon, Rayman, Saturn Bomberman, Shining Force, Street Fighter, Tomb Raider, House of The Dead, Virtual On, Worms, etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information