Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SuperCard calls out Team Cyclops and calls them FAKES!

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy fuzz View Post
    slot one for me - i never really saw the need for a slot 2 device. but what are the advantages of them anyway (besides GBA gameplay...)

i went and got an m3 simply (which incidentally they stopped selling with the white cases)
    Aside from GBA, you can use Rein to copy savegames from official DS carts, and it's possible to dump ROMs with some of them. Oh, and some provide extra memory that can be used by certain homebrew (though I always keep my memory expansion pak in slot 2 anyway, so I would hope those same developers allow both options).

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by funem View Post
    Got to admit its pretty funny that one manufacturer calls out the other ones product as a fake ( effectively a pirate version of their product ), when they are both used to play pirate copies of games.
    So with your logic owning a $#@! is straight illegal as it can be used to $#@! women and childrens. So let's cut off all $#@!s and there will be no more $#@!s. World is saved! :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme View Post
    So with your logic owning a $#@! is straight illegal as it can be used to $#@! women and childrens. So let's cut off all $#@!s and there will be no more $#@!s. World is saved! :thumbup:
    Got to admit you would win the award for really missing the point......

Oh and if you think all the card manufacturers actually only make the cards for homebrew, what's the point of them updating the software to fix the retail games that don't work when playing pirated roms, not to mention the recent upgrading of firmware to play roms that haven't actually been released yet. Its illegal to even make backups of your roms, let alone play a backup. The 24 hours to delete this rom if you don't own it is a load of bull as well. :thumbup:

Default The Evo kicks ass.

Well Team Cyclops's new product ISN'T a fake or a rip off. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and its original and has a good build quality and features. I can't say as to why they would clone the hardware on their first generation of devices, but they've gone all original now. And their firmware updates are pretty responsive. I'd recommend the Evolution over any other slot-1 card.

Its a bit silly to bash a competitor for something they released over 5 months ago (possibly more), and just now start to get mad about it, when they just happen to have a competing, and more feature rich product on the market... I think they are trying to confuse the new people that are in the market for slot 1 devices, since the name is similar (CycloDS Microsd vs. CycloDS Evolution). But I'm just cynical like that anyways.

DCEmu Newbie

What are they quarreling about? Supercard and M3 team and the rest, all started from copying the design of the GBA Movie Player Advance as well.

I do believe they have a valid argument when their own firmware is being used though.

As to deliriumlb, if they have been cranking out their own firmware, then it's a good thing, nothing for Supercard to bitch about.

sooooooooooo...

the designer of the ds lite could complain because the supercard uses the design of the filler cartridge? this is one of those "who cares?" things - like some american dude suing a dry cleaners for a few million bob, for loosing his trousers.it's just a pair of trousers, it's not like the only pair you own - for petes sake, you wore trousers in the court room!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by funem View Post
    Got to admit you would win the award for really missing the point......

Oh and if you think all the card manufacturers actually only make the cards for homebrew, what's the point of them updating the software to fix the retail games that don't work when playing pirated roms, not to mention the recent upgrading of firmware to play roms that haven't actually been released yet. Its illegal to even make backups of your roms, let alone play a backup. The 24 hours to delete this rom if you don't own it is a load of bull as well. :thumbup:
    Xtreme's post=win

DCEmu Newbie

haha im buying one for a friend anyhow, he can enjoy fake products =p :thumbup: :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Uknight View Post
    What are they quarreling about? Supercard and M3 team and the rest, all started from copying the design of the GBA Movie Player Advance as well.

I do believe they have a valid argument when their own firmware is being used though.

As to deliriumlb, if they have been cranking out their own firmware, then it's a good thing, nothing for Supercard to bitch about.
    the people who made the GBAMP made the M3.
    so its not really a copied design.
    they just made the m3 have better functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Uknight View Post

I do agree with the firmware argument. It was wrong of the CycloDS team to actually modify/use the firmware from another team's chip. Is anyone sure its the same? Maybe it just looks similar and they were shy of being original (so they could say it is as easy as the SC..). But they probably just ripped it and hacked the firmware to work with their hardware.

And yeah I'm sure that they are selling new original chips, with their own original firmware (the firmware files are called update.evo, not update.sc or whatever). Example: I can use download play on any rom i have on the sd card. No other chip can currently do this. Definitely original hardware.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information