Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP-Dev Launcher Fake or Not ?

Blog Entries

Default PSP-Dev Launcher Fake or Not ?

I have on purpose kept away from posting anything about the supposed 1.50 PSP Dev launcher because its not fair to get peoples hopes up to be dashed by a fake.

The people over at a Spanish PSP Dev site are claming to have found a way to get Homebrew which also includes emulators and much more working on the 1.50 PSPs which most USA folks have unless they updated their firmware.

I did speak to Pawstick who is the creator of the Hack/Launcher and he does assure me its real and also understands that people will say its fake.

Cast your mind back a few weeks ago when certain sites were posting fake videos and causing an uproar by doing so and then the likes of Team Executer posting a news article slamming such videos so that all casts doubt.

This release was also mentioned first on a rather dubiuos site who are known for rather bad behaviour in the PS2 Scene and i did point that out to the coder called Pawstick.

Now it seems that the mainstream sites such as Engadget, Slashdot, Toms Hardware and more have posted the news of this release that is apparently happening tommorrow at 3pm gmt.

I have spoke to some Spanish coder friends of mine who say that its most likely real and i dont doubt them as i have found the Spanish Homebrew scene to be of the highest integrity.

So is it real or not, truth is i dont know at this time, obviously we would love it to be well heres a video of the Launcher in action:

Discuss this after watching the vid, lets get the hackers to tel us more

DCEmu Newbie

I have to admit i am still a bit skeptical of this, In this situation it pays to be a pesimist since if it's real then great, if not then whatever. The video does look real, but the lack of memory light flicker still hangs a small cloud over it imo. Also, with no sound, you can not tell if he is acutually pressing the buttons.

One thing i am worried about is the fact that this only works on version 1.5. Since Sony have already started putting in auto updaters, how many times will new firmwares have to be cracked :/

I am also not so sure about this. Of course i have browsed around many places, and have read many interesting remarks.
    Some guys think it is absolutley fake, and can easily tell from the video. Myself, I don't have a sharp eye for things like this. I do think the music was a little distracting, and was kind of annoyed at how the video zooms in.
    The new vid is more promising, but it still has that music, and the screen looks funny. In both videos, we don't see the screen in the pic wraggster posted.
    Mebbe I'm just a little picky

I too have browsed around the Spanish Homebrew scene, but i still have my doubts, but only simply because I do not want to get my hopes up.

Edit-I'm a nubby thought the video^^there was the older one. sorry.

England - don't forget we invented the English language!

We can only wait and see

Blog Entries

I hope and pray its not a fake but i wonder if theres a catch too

if they were to charge,they would become the most hated people. But then not really i suppose, and everyone would get it from free elsewhere.

Blog Entries

is it something from a game thats been exploited or is there a quick and easy backdoor to get stuff to boot homebrew, makes you wonder

Well I certainly hope its real. More people who can run homebrew and emulators on their psp can only be good for the scene in general.

i hope its real coz my psp is redundant at the moment

DCEmu Newbie

I initially thought this was fake, but I've now become convinced that it isn't. I have a 1.0 anyway, but I'd be very happy for the 1.5'ers of the world to join the party. The scene could only benefit from being opened up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information