Thread: QDS.Arena - Rocket Arena Mod Released

DCEmu Newbie

Smile QDS.Arena - Rocket Arena Mod Released

EDIT -

No longer posting here.

Please refer to:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67765

For the latest and final version.

I have to remove the normal Quake files from my flashcart right? because now I placed your pak file and the text file at the right place, it just starts Quake not Rocket Arena.

DCEmu Newbie

Do you have the full version of quake installed?

I got it working. It's pretty cool, the bot is ruthless though. I was surprised to see the shotgun shells being ejected because I dont remember that in regular QuakeDS. I don't know if it's a remake of an old map, but a corridor or two would be nice to add a little tension.

Edit: Didn't realize I could just switch bots to change their skill level. Skimmed through the readme and missed that.

DCEmu Newbie

The maps are originals that I made with portable devices in mind. I do plan on incorporating more, I have about 4 additional maps I am testing that are also small in scale.

I'd really like to get something like Q3DM17 made, but without jump pads, it will have to make use of teleports, which nixes much of what makes that map so great imho. I guess time will tell once I get it hammered out.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrule_boy View Post
    I have to remove the normal Quake files from my flashcart right? because now I placed your pak file and the text file at the right place, it just starts Quake not Rocket Arena.
    Once again, thanks to Simon I've finally figured out the command-lines with PocketQuake.

That said, I've changed the installer with a new package that will allow you to keep your single player missions, however it will still automatically start up in a game of rocket arena (that's intended and faster than waiting for the necropolis demo).

Check the new install files, and delete the old ones, you'll be happy you did

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Voe View Post
    I don't know if it's a remake of an old map, but a corridor or two would be nice to add a little tension.
    I feel you, and thanks to you bringing this to my attention I have addressed this and found a purpose for deathmatch mode for this mod... TENSION

Deathmatch mode is now one map only, XPloadzone by Randal(blindtypist). This map is optimized for the DS, and features no health and no weapons. Random backpacks are picked up on spawn, and therefore it becomes a game of survivability and the fight for the best backpack (the one with the rockets). Did I mention there's corridors? Oh yeah!!!

I'm creating ANOTHER new install package which I will consider FINAL for now and make a new video showing the differences between the two mod modes, as it's much much clearer now that this new map has been added.

:thumbup:

DCEmu Rookie

Nice, I'm checking it out.

It's probably not what you're aiming for, but if some Quake2 maps could be converted to QuakeDS that would be very cool. Those maps are nostalgic for me since Q2 was one of my early FPS addictions.

DCEmu Newbie

Default qdsa download problem

Hello
    outhere iam curious to try out your mod but rapidshare is vhore, its very difficult to download something from them..can yu pls. upload it anywhere else ? that would be great, thanks D.

yeah, im having trouble getting this mod as well. rapidshare tells me my download session is invalid each time i try to get it. it looks damned cool, so i'd really like to have it ASAP. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information