DCEmu Newbie

Default QDS.Arena - Final - Bot Modpak for QuakeDS

=========
    QDS.Arena - Final
    by x999x
    =========

3 - 2 - 1

F I G H T ! ! !

Rocket Arena comes to the DS! Fast Fragging action in a last-man-standing, or free for all environment.

============
    REQUIREMENTS
    ============

A full version of Quake is required to play All Mods

============
    INSTALLATION
    ============

Place: qdsopts.txt
    In to the Root of your Flashcard

Place the folder: omicron
    In to the Root of your Flashcard

Example:

/
    /omicron
    /id1
    quakeDS.nds

===============
    STARTING A GAME
    ===============

When Quake DS is launched, you will be brought to a Que station to select your game type using the A and B buttons.

GAME TYPES
    ---------------
    B: Rocket Arena
    A: Death Match
    ---------------

RocketArena:
    Prepare for fast and furios 1v1 fragging in tight quarters. Players start off with full armor, full health, full ammo and weapons in a fight to the finish!

Death Match:
    How long can you survive? Welcome to XP Load Zone, a unique fight to the finish on a map filled with corridors, wide open areas, and no health or items. Players recieve backpacks upon spawning, each with their own weapon or bonus, forcing players have to kill eachother for control over the weapons in their backpacks!

Once Started:
    Once you have selected a game type, you will need to add a bot to begin playing. Each bot has it's own playstyle, and therefore it's encouraged that you add/remove the bot until one spawns with a playstyle that provides enjoyment.

BOT BUTTONS
    -------------
    x: Add Bot
    A: Remove Bot
    -------------

============
    ROCKET ARENA
    ============

BUTTONS
    --------------
    Y: Weapon Up
    B: Weapon Down
    --------------

MAPS
    --------------
    Deathbox RA
    Devise RA
    Frag Limit 10
    --------------

===========
    DEATH MATCH
    ===========

BUTTONS
    --------------
    Y: Weapon Up
    B: Weapon Down
    --------------

MAP
    ----------------
    XP Load Zone
    Frag Limit 10
    ----------------

Credits:
    Quake DS - SimonjHall - http://quake.drunkencoders.com/
    Omicron Bots - Mr.Elusive
    RA Maps & PAK - x999x
    DM Map (XPloadzone) - Randal (Blindtypist)

I'm not able to get this version running. I have followed the instructons, placing the folder and the txt file on the root, and I get the regular Necropolis intro when I boot it. Then when I begin the game, I get as far as

"replacing existing lower sky
    replacing existing upper sky
    server loading models...
    cache_tryalloc: 137680 is greater than free hunk, 1392 free"

then it freezes. I noticed there was no "id1" folder in the "Omicron" folder, so I tried creating one and placing the included "pak0.pak" inside, but that didn't work either. Thanks for your hard work, I look forward to a solution.

i'd love to play this man, but i cant get quake pre2 to load on my DS anymore! it freezes at "freeing precaches". i've DILI patched it for my M3 Perfect SD, double checked my folders and directories, and I have them all in order. i have the config.cfg file in ID1, and quakeds.nds in the root. WTF is up?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Voe View Post
    I'm not able to get this version running. I have followed the instructons, placing the folder and the txt file on the root, and I get the regular Necropolis intro when I boot it. Then when I begin the game, I get as far as

"replacing existing lower sky
    replacing existing upper sky
    server loading models...
    cache_tryalloc: 137680 is greater than free hunk, 1392 free"

then it freezes. I noticed there was no "id1" folder in the "Omicron" folder, so I tried creating one and placing the included "pak0.pak" inside, but that didn't work either. Thanks for your hard work, I look forward to a solution.
    Hi,

There shouldn't be an ID1 folder inside of Omicron.

First make sure you're using the correct files from this final version.

Next, make sure to copy over the new files, including qdsopts.txt, this is very important. In fact, please open the qdsopts.txt file and make sure it looks like this:

-game
    omicron
    +maxplayers
    +map
    dbra

Just like that, including a blank line underneath omicron. I just checked the distro pak and it's all correct here, so maybe you're still using the old file which was actually incorrect.

If you still have problems, post here and we'll figure this out. I'm fairly certain it's the qdsopt.txt file, that's what initiates the game, and before I figured this out I was manually overiding the default pak files with mine to force the mod to start.

Please use these new files, it's a much cleaner way to play, and it keeps your original game intact.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Biggs View Post
    i'd love to play this man, but i cant get quake pre2 to load on my DS anymore! it freezes at "freeing precaches". i've DILI patched it for my M3 Perfect SD, double checked my folders and directories, and I have them all in order. i have the config.cfg file in ID1, and quakeds.nds in the root. WTF is up?
    Hi,

Please delete your quake .sav file, and try a freshly patched Quake pre2 again. I've noticed that old .sav files can actually affect some games. In example my nesDS wouldn't save even though dldi was added. Deleting my older .sav file fixed it, maybe you'll have similar luck.

Alright, I deleted the old txt file and folder from my card and re-downloaded. I made sure I used the appropriate txt file and still no luck. It froze right where it did last time. I'm using an R4, and I have had no problems with previous versions of your mod. The vid looks awesome BTW, can't wait to try it.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Voe View Post
    Alright, I deleted the old txt file and folder from my card and re-downloaded. I made sure I used the appropriate txt file and still no luck. It froze right where it did last time. I'm using an R4, and I have had no problems with previous versions of your mod. The vid looks awesome BTW, can't wait to try it.
    I see what I did, I had dqdsopts.txt in the installer, and not qdsopts.txt. I was testing commandlines and accidentally put the wrong one into the zip you downloaded

SORRY

Please download this LAST one, I GUARANTEE it will work or I'll eat my hat!

The correct Qdsopts.txt reads:

-game
    omicron
    +maxplayers
    +map
    dbra

Which is much different than what was previously packaged.

GoGo!

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    Hi,

Please delete your quake .sav file, and try a freshly patched Quake pre2 again. I've noticed that old .sav files can actually affect some games. In example my nesDS wouldn't save even though dldi was added. Deleting my older .sav file fixed it, maybe you'll have similar luck.
    I don't have any saves in my ID1 directory. The only thing that i know has changed is that im using a different SD card. all i have is the DILI patched quake pre2 in the root, the ID1 folder (which contains the pak files, and the config.cfg file from simon) in the root. I still get the freeze on "freeing precaches". this is really starting to piss me off, cause that youtube vid has me wanting to play this mod real bad.

Thanks for your help!

Do you get the freeing precaches message when you're playing regular single player quake? If so, PM me and we'll sort something out (there seems to be a lingering bug which I'm working through with someone else)

@x999x, so what's next? Any more mod plans? (please)

sent a PM just before your message, mate. yeah, i cant even get the single player version of quake to run. and if i try to run the mod, i get a screen with the words "omicron bots" on two lines at the top of the screen.

@x999x: if you really want to wow the mod community, make a clone of the Black Mesa reception area. ;D i know that involves new textures and soldier models, but that would really make your place in the mod community. not that Rocket Arena didnt.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information