Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DS Reader

Filenames can be more than 5 characters long, but you have to remove all spaces in order for bookmarks to work.

DCEmu Newbie

Is it compatible with the R4 SDHC? I keep getting problems with it...can anyone help me?

DCEmu Newbie

Are there any homebrew applications for reading ebooks in different formats?

DCEmu Newbie

Not really. Moonshell does txt and docs, DSorganize does txt and html. I'm not sure how formatting goes.

DSlibris does xhtml, though Plucker support looks possible.
    Last edited by policrat; January 31st, 2009 at 22:52.

DCEmu Newbie

GBA book reader http://www.bookreader.co.uk/ is still the best book reader for the DS, even though it uses only 1 screen, and texts must be preprocessed on your pc.

I personally hate book readers that make me hold the ds on its side, like a book. The more words that can be squished on one line the more fluid the reading of text becomes. Having only 5 words per line is like reading one of those books for the visually impaired. 5 words per line is great if all you read is haiku, but for more serious reading it is useless.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peanut View Post
    GBA book reader http://www.bookreader.co.uk/ is still the best book reader for the DS, even though it uses only 1 screen, and texts must be preprocessed on your pc.
    I assume you need a slot-2 device here.

Poetry aside, reading it 'bookishly' suits me just fine. I've probably read half a dozen novels end-to-end, and countless short stories and other things. I'd say, by preference: 1.) DSlibris - formatting xhtml/mark-ups is tedious, but looks effective. 2.) DS Reader - I had this around intended for poetry, but the screen is still not wide enough to be fully functional. 3. Everything else.

Also, I wouldn't recommend the DS as a reader for any visually impaired person.

edit: Actually after some (subpixel) fine-tuning, DS Reader is probably equal to DSlibris. I still miss markup.
    Last edited by policrat; February 2nd, 2009 at 05:53.

Yeah, you need a slot-2 device for GBA Book Reader, but I do agree that the ability to specify chapter locations and the ability to scroll in variable increments is rather nice.

For DSReader, I found my favorite setup to be size 10 Arial font, white text on black background, with dark subpixel antialiasing. Very readable.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Problems with TTds chip

Can anyone help me out and post the contents of the settings.dat file for Arial standard font size 12 with a black background? For some reason the settings.dat file will corrupt itself and stop dsreader from loading if i try and use the set up options in the program. Thanks very much!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information